New Grandstand

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 100% agree dave.

and the family stand should be renamed the tony boyce stand as well.
Well done, the best all round solution. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Of course, God takes no glory in this, it's left to us mischievous devils, both sides of the ether, to discover and implement solutions of harmony. :)

Edit : don't confuse mischievous with malevolent or malicious.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

This topic has almost slipped from the page and back into the archive.

I guess we won't hear any news until the cup run is over.

It could be May then. :)
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

there was a little article on it in the independent on sunday about it, everything is in place, just waiting on funding to actually build it :)
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Here's a question for you, how many people will consider moving over to the new grandstand once it's built from either the family stand or pop side?
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

No, will stay in the Fam or Pop and look at a proper ground for a change.
TUST #324
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I'll probably be moving away from the new grandstand, me and the grandad stand next to the tunnel, if there's nowhere to stand in the new stand, it looks like we'll moving to the pop.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

RussianGull wrote:I'll probably be moving away from the new grandstand, me and the grandad stand next to the tunnel, if there's nowhere to stand in the new stand, it looks like we'll moving to the pop.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'm always popside but will take advantage of viewing from the new stand without the pillars in the way once or twice!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It would all depend on the leg room for me. We used to sit in the Family Stand when I was younger but as I got older and taller I moved to the pop side. If theres decent space between the seats I'd go in the new Grandstand.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

cambgull wrote:It would all depend on the leg room for me. We used to sit in the Family Stand when I was younger but as I got older and taller I moved to the pop side. If theres decent space between the seats I'd go in the new Grandstand.
Theres more leg room in the Grandstand then there is in the Family stand. Seats are a bit harder though :rofl:
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

It will always be Popside for me (unless I take my young daughter than the occasional visit to the family stand - until she is old enough to join us in the popside)
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Worrying comment in the Herald that if the Football Foundation don't provide funding then it won't go ahead: http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

Is there no way that we the supporters can help the club to fund the redevelopment?

I have already emailed the club to suggest 'name on a brick' schemes etc and they say that they are being considered.
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Like others I started off in the fam stand back in 95, but as soon as my Dad realised I knew the swear words and the chants that came from the pop he let us move over there. Each to their own and everything, but I'd never, ever chose to sit when there is the option to stand. And as yellow4life says, it'll be nice to look across at something other than a bit of corrugated iron...

P.S, just seen the link from Gulldenboy and that's a real worry.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

GulldenBoy wrote:Worrying comment in the Herald that if the Football Foundation don't provide funding then it won't go ahead: http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

Is there no way that we the supporters can help the club to fund the redevelopment?

I have already emailed the club to suggest 'name on a brick' schemes etc and they say that they are being considered.
I guessed it would depend on Football Foundation funding. We'll have to near on win the FA Cup otherwise.

Well . . .
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Headline from the back page of the paper version of the Herald Express :

CUP EXIT WON'T STOP GRANDSTAND DEVELOPMENT

That news is not available yet on line so there's no link to post.

As long as funding is rubber stamped by the Football Foundation and with FA clearance then the building starts in May. The bad news is it will take until February 2012 to complete. Eh ? It's an open sided concrete box with fitted plastic seats fer cry sakes, why then the 35 to 40 weeks for completion ?

I'll answer that : f in elf an' safety for starters together with dumbed down crap paid construction workers on "self employed" minimum wages.

The real bad news is the Grandstand regulars will have to relocate to elsewhere. You muscle in to my spot on the Pop and you will be in for serious grief. :@