The sooner we get a coach in the better...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

PhilGull wrote:I was pleasantly surprised in the Exeter game when Taylor took off Bodin in the 75th minute and replaced him with Macklin. A positive move I thought, I'm sure if that was Dinger it would have been Easton or Cruise coming on the 'shore things up'.
I thought maybe that was a sign of things to come under Taylor. A more positive outlook on things. Sadly it seems with each game that passes he shrinks further back in to his shell. Despite the quote about Dinger telling him to be his own man and make his own decisions each games just gets more dull, boring and predictable. :(

I do like Taylor as a man and I'm sure he is a good coach but he just doesn't have the tactical nous, the technical ideas , the managerial ability to do the job.
I really hope we do get a temporary manager in to take charge of the team and not just the 'soundboard' that has been mooted in some quarters.

As I mentioned in the other thread. I want Brian Little!
Or his brother Alan as I mentioned in a previous thread! :lol:
TUST No 278
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

PhilGull wrote:I was pleasantly surprised in the Exeter game when Taylor took off Bodin in the 75th minute and replaced him with Macklin. A positive move I thought, I'm sure if that was Dinger it would have been Easton or Cruise coming on the 'shore things up'.
I thought maybe that was a sign of things to come under Taylor. A more positive outlook on things. Sadly it seems with each game that passes he shrinks further back in to his shell. Despite the quote about Dinger telling him to be his own man and make his own decisions each games just gets more dull, boring and predictable. :(

I do like Taylor as a man and I'm sure he is a good coach but he just doesn't have the tactical nous, the technical ideas , the managerial ability to do the job.
I really hope we do get a temporary manager in to take charge of the team and not just the 'soundboard' that has been mooted in some quarters.

As I mentioned in the other thread. I want Brian Little!
Brian Little's career went on a real downward trajectory. Not sure I would want him now. Btw - he made his Aston Villa debut against TUFC!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

PhilGull wrote:As I mentioned in the other thread. I want Brian Little!
chardie wrote:Or his brother Alan as I mentioned in a previous thread! :lol:
More chance of getting their cousin Stuart
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Just seen on twitter, apparently Alan Knill was at the game tonight...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

NickGull wrote:Just seen on twitter, apparently Alan Knill was at the game tonight...
Oh God, no.

His recent record is appalling.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NickGull wrote:Just seen on twitter, apparently Alan Knill was at the game tonight...

Seriously hope not, serial failure.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Do not start panicing yet, it is often the case even at our level for peole including ex-managers to attend games while scouting for other clubs, or just becuase they have an evening off. Rumours gather pace someone in tommorrow, so lets watch this space.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Alan Knill? Well he's got the right surname for managing us.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

See tomorrows western morning news for more but they confirm he was there, there's an article on their site. I hope it is just scouting, Dave, but it seems more than that to me. This would be a terrible appointment.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:See tomorrows western morning news for more but they confirm he was there, there's an article on their site. I hope it is just scouting, Dave, but it seems more than that to me. This would be a terrible appointment.
true nick.

although it is 1 step up from b**kle and 2 steps up from fatty evans...............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Every name that gets mentioned with the club is terrible in some people's eyes.Who do you really think we are going to get.Itmay come as a surprise to you but Torquay isn't at the top of a lot of people's"clubs I want to manage" list.We had the same reaction when both Buckle and Ling were appointed
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Had a strange dream that the board drafted in Chris Hargeaves!!!!! :O Imagine that.
Oblivion!!!!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Right now i would quite frankly take the "Pope" until the end of the season! I suppose he was at Aldershot last night also.