Torquay United v AFC Wimbledon - 3/8/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

brucie wrote: The result tomorrow could very much determine who wins the match.
Cannot disagree with that! ;-)
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

forevertufc wrote:And the moment AK signed both Hawley and Ball giving us 4 main line strikers was the clearest indication yet he AK was going to play 2 upfront.
Quite true, bit pointless having 4 strikers on the books if you're just going to play 1 up front :nod:
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

i reckon ...

rice

tonge pearce downes nico

chappell mansell harding bodin

benyon ball/hawley

reckon we look decent enough 1-0 gulls
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:Whether they will turn up by saturday god only knows but Knill has left it late thats for sure - I am still none the wiser why a permanent signing and a loanee (if that is the case) need to be signed this late.
Teams have until the end of August to sign players. getting guys in late is probably the best way to do it for times with a limited budget. I'd imagine that the majority of teams will be starting the season in the hope that the people they already have are enough to achieve the season's targets, but they'll have the safety net (of sorts) of knowing that if it turns out that the team isn't as good as required, they have the ability to bring somebody in before the window closes. It's just good business. (in fact most retailers and manufacturers use the just-in-time method as well, so it's something we see everywhere)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

brucie wrote:The result tomorrow could very much determine who wins the match.

i agree with brucie. :} :whistle: :rofl:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

[quote="wivelgull"] Who will make the greatest impression? It's 50 years almost to the day since the greatest of all United forwards made his debut ( was there) [1-1 vs Tranmere] so it may well be one of our new forwards. If Hawley gets a decent run-out he could very well impress. But, to th' event.

So wivelgull ..... that must be the one and only ..... ROBIN STUBBS !!
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

This game has 4-1 written all over it.
Benyon
Downes
Bodin
Hall

Midson in reply.
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

forevertufc wrote: Thats pretty much the line I was expecting, Bodin and Benyon were allways going to start, was not sure wether it would be Chappel or Cameron to be honest, and as already said there is a difference from being recovered from an injury to being fit to play in a match, Pokey may yet be 2-3 weeks away from that.

And the moment AK signed both Hawley and Ball giving us 4 main line strikers was the clearest indication yet he AK was going to play 2 upfront.

Yeah ricey will start in goal and the team will line up as I said, it would have been really unfair on ricey as he's had a great pre season. I think it's a week to early for pokey.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Robiberto22 wrote:i reckon ...

rice

tonge pearce downes nico

chappell mansell harding bodin

benyon ball/hawley

reckon we look decent enough 1-0 gulls
I agree with Robiberto. Balll will start though as Hawley isn't fit yet.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I think the outcome of the game may well rest upon the performance of the United 'keeper.
Those unfortunates who witnessed the unforgettable (for the wrong reasons) COOMBE match will understand my worry.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

My biggest worry is that some morons in the crowd who cant forget the poor form Rice had 4/5 years ago, will get on his back, and not Rice himself. Support him throughout, even if he makes a mistake.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

That will never change i'm afraid. People won't forget he came through the ranks at City and is a City supporter.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

SteveDeckchair wrote:That will never change i'm afraid. People won't forget he came through the ranks at City and is a City supporter.
Who cares.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'd have thought hawley would start with benyon, i'm gonna be positive with the score and say 3-0, but only 2.324 plus whatever the dons bring down with em
top of the league tomorrow night!!
still keeping the faith
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:That will never change i'm afraid. People won't forget he came through the ranks at City and is a City supporter.
HE'S WHAT!!! ah well, each to their own, I couldnt care less really as long as he does his best whilst playing for us and does his job properly when called upon. he might get over his excretia $h1tty affliction one day.i feel for the poor lad really.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).