Torquay United v AFC Wimbledon - 3/8/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Torquay United v AFC Wimbledon - 3/8/13

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

IT'S BLOODY WELL BACK LEDS AND GENTS!! THE FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE AGAIN!! HALLELUJAH AND PRAISE WHATEVER LORD YOU WISH! :bow:

Wombles have signed some useful players like on loan Burnley winger George Porter, on loan Charlton striker Dean Smith and Charlie Sheringham and Ross Worner. That said we have too and i'm riding the wave of optimism and I am going to go for a resounding opening day 3-1 win to the Gulls in the South Devon sunshine. It is difficult to predict anything at this stage of the season but sod it, a 3-1 win will do me and why not!

Hope everyone turns up in their numbers for this resplendent in their new pale shirts and gets behind the lads for this one and see you all at Morecambe next Saturday!!!!

COYY!!!!!! :scarf: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Are we going to get your briliant previews again this season Andy? They are fantastic entertainment!
Tust member 191
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Sorry Matt, no can do. They've won i'm afraid. I haven't got as much time as I would like nowadays either but I still would have done them but the poisonous vitriol of a few have spoiled it for the nice people like yourself.

Keep an eye out for my away day threads though Matt, they will be an accompaniment to each away game and cover all aspects of the opposition club, ground and place and as always, written in the style that may interest you. ;-)

Cheers mate! :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

please do your matchday threads andy, even if you just have time to do a shorter version, theres a lot of us that really like them. :( :'(

sod the rest of them, they have a choice and dont have to read it, miserable buggers. :slap:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Been on about Charlie Sheringham for years, he'll get bags of goals this time round and, with Midson also, AFCW have a deceptively potent strike force this year. Just hope they suffer some early season blues on Saturday.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

chunkygull wrote:please do your matchday threads andy, even if you just have time to do a shorter version, theres a lot of us that really like them. :( :'(

sod the rest of them, they have a choice and dont have to read it, miserable buggers. :slap:
Cheers chunky, no, I've said before that people don't have to like them and that's fine, we're all different but when you get sarky and negative remarks all the time from some quarters I think f*ck it then. People can ignore them and not say owt but that's not enough for them.

Like I said, chunky, look out for the 'away day' threads on our away games as they should be more up your street! :clap:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Sorry Matt, no can do. They've won i'm afraid. I haven't got as much time as I would like nowadays either but I still would have done them but the poisonous vitriol of a few have spoiled it for the nice people like yourself.

Keep an eye out for my away day threads though Matt, they will be an accompaniment to each away game and cover all aspects of the opposition club, ground and place and as always, written in the style that may interest you. ;-)

Cheers mate! :-D
except Bristol Rovers mate :-D oh and possibly Newport County
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Woo hoo! I'm going to this one now. Can't wait.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I will be in attendance which will appease all my fans.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes I am going. I am not a great lover of football at this time of year. The atmosphere always seems artificial.
I really hope we get some points on the board early doors or it could turn into a massively long season.
Impossible to predict what the score will be in this game.
Wimbledon should be a nice easy game but Midson always does well against us - they have got some good loanees in and we are two strikers short.
Whether they will turn up by saturday god only knows but Knill has left it late thats for sure - I am still none the wiser why a permanent signing and a loanee (if that is the case) need to be signed this late.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I am definitely going. I'm not at all certain about the prospects of success, but let's not be downhearted; the great thing about this time of the season is the optimism. It usually vanishes by the end of September, by which time we know exactly how the season will develop.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

brucie wrote:Knill has left it late thats for sure - I am still none the wiser why a permanent signing and a loanee (if that is the case) need to be signed this late.
Just a quick glance at the BBC site shows that there have been 21 players signed by league clubs in the last 3 days alone and you can bet there will be lots more in the next 3 days! But if you believe some of the doom mongers on here, we are the only club not to have finished our transfer dealings.

It's almost like some of you have never experienced a summer before, players will be signed right up until the last minute, in fact the last day of the transfer window is always the busiest.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just can't wait for this now. Not been to any pre-season games for the first time in a very long time, have a feeling we could get a bumber crowd for this game know alot of casual and non-Torquay supporters who are going on Saturday.

As for the result who knows allways hard to predict early season games.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

If asked I would guess that we will be pleased with the defense, which would on paper appear to be very good for L2. I would expect Wimbledon to be able to deal with Benyon & Yeoman. Perhaps Downes or Pearce will be able nod one in from a corner, or one of the kids belt one in from the wings. Will Manse or Harding get one from midfield? Will Benyon win us a penalty? With Knills outstanding contacts will we get our Premier loan striker who will get his first hat trick of the season?
Should be very entertaining I.M.O.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Part 1 of the build up is on the main site now :)