BSP Final

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

BSP Final

Post by CP Gull »

will be between the two best teams (other than Crawley) .... Luton v AFC Wimbledon.

It's fair to say that both teams have smashed the opposition with both sides winning both home and away legs comfortably. AFCW are currently beating Fleetwood 5-1 after having already won the away leg 2-0.

I see that Kaid Mohamed has scored a hat trick for them tonight - now that is one player that I think we did let slip through the net. I thought he did pretty well in the time he was here on loan from Swindon and was a little disappointed that we didn't pick him up in the summer when he was freed by them. He has drifted around the BSP a bit with spells at FGR and Bath City but he may finally be on his way back to League 2 next season after his recent move to AFCW - only the small matter of beating Luton at Wembley stands in his way!
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Sorry CP, there was no way we could have signed him - Brucie didn't rate the lad.

Saw him play earlier in the season and he looked awful for Bath - obviously improved a bit for being in a better side...actually a better side he played against in the FA Cup when we had him.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

hoping for a luton win in final as i'd rather watch a days worth of exeter shitty dvds than set foot in london.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Isn't Luton in London?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

NickGull wrote:Isn't Luton in London?
No it is not.

Lutonistan is some considerable distance from Londanistan.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A few miles north up the M1, Nick.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

andygull wrote:hoping for a luton win in final as i'd rather watch a days worth of exeter shitty dvds than set foot in london.
Assuming the worst and we don't go up that is
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Oh. Cheers for the clarification guys. For the record, Wimbledon, I want.
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

I'd suggest as somewhat of a exiled local that the Norbiton / New Malden boundary is as 'not in London' as Luton is.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

CP: The finals not at Wembley its been moved to the City Of Manchester Stadium due to the Champions League Final being held there.

As for the final if we stay down its another local(ish) one to add to the already Southern looking League Two League.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Definitely hoping for Luton, with Barnet staying up it leaves me with a few places close to me to chose from.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

andygull wrote:hoping for a luton win in final as i'd rather watch a days worth of exeter shitty dvds than set foot in london.
have you ever been to luton town? what an absolute craphole that place is!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

DavetheRave wrote: have you ever been to luton town? what an absolute craphole that place is!
Lets see....AFCW play in Kingston? So its leafy Outer London or the concrete shitehole that is Luton (crap ground, crap town). No contest for me....Go Wombles.... :goal:
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

As I'll probably be loving in London next year I would have to say Wimbledon for me.

That and Gary Brabin is the manager of Luton and he is an angry, angry man.

Also It puts AFC wimbledon 1 step closer to the grudge match which we have been waiting a decade for --> McDons
:( Tommy :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

either away fixture is good with me, but i'd take wimbledon over luton to be honest. nicer part of town, and the luton fans aren't the most welcoming i've ever come across, in fact, they've got a real nasty section of fans. we played at AFC a few years back in one of the cups if i remember correctly, and seem to recall it wasn't a bad place to go.

still, i'll be more than happy to avoid both of them by playing in Div1 next season. COYY :scarf:
Brady

I Wish I Was There