Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc023
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Scott bevan.. gone.

Post by tufc023 »

Just been told by a close friend of bevans that he has gone.. can't say as of where to, however this now leaves us keeper-less! :-|
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

This is the worry.

While it may be argued that for a new manager coming in, it is better for him to choose his own players, it is also difficult for him to need to sign so many players that it disrupts the rythmn of the team and creates factions of old v new.

None of us would probably argue that there was much wrong with the team yet if we find ourselves bereft of our keeper, key defender, a skillful and talented midfielder and forwards, that is in effect a whole team that needs rebuilding and I doubt the new manager is going to be backed in the way Buckle was 4 years ago to build a team from scratch.

Surely the new manager would be better served by inheriting a functioning team with the spine strong. I do fear mass trailists that were common under Bateson.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Before this gets out if control...how does your friend know? Does he work close to the club?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

no great loss, tall was about his only attribute!! good at pens, but kicking shocking, decision making gone to pot recently. keepers ten a penny, so dont panic just yet!!
still keeping the faith
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I heard rumour yesterday that he wanted away. From what i was told, i'm not sure any offer we'd have made would have kept him. But lets jump to conclusions and blame the board anyway.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've always backed Bevan over Potter but let's not kid ourselves that he isn't replaceable. Not top of my concerns list to be honest.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
jonesy33tufc
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by jonesy33tufc »

bixie he kept a record 10 clean sheets and many vital saves through out the season, he was a huge part in how far we got
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Disappointing news. Any chance its Bristol Rovers? ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I will not be to bothered if he moves on,beaten far to easily down to the bottom corners,can be hesitant,and for a big guy has flapped at one to many of late.

Jake Cole does not have a club right now,thing he is a good shout always impressed me ,well so did Danny Potter,so what the hell do i know :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Spot on Fonda
Bevan has always brought out mixed reactions among supporters - could be very good on his day, but distinctly average on others. Not overly concerned and it will be interesting to see if he is the Slimeball's 1st choice if he ends up at Bristol Rovers.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

forevertufc wrote:I will not be to bothered if he moves on,beaten far to easily down to the bottom corners,can be hesitant,and for a big guy has flapped at one to many of late.

Jake Cole does not have a club right now,thing he is a good shout always impressed me ,well so did Danny Potter,so what the hell do i know :)
Would prefer him over Bevan any day :)
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Is this official? This may be true, but should we believe a new member and his close friend?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

blimey, de ja vu. just read something similar on the banter board. anyway, here's my thoughts from there :-

can't see us letting him go having let potter go already. it had been rumoured we would get Poke back on loan, which i'd be very happy about, but it's all just more speculation becasue we know nothing for sure.

for what it's worth, i think there are better keepers around than Bev (that's not a criticism, he's a decent enough keeper), so not even sure bucks would come back for him, but then again, i don't know what the rovers keepers are like - apart from the fact they picked the ball out the net rather regularly last season !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

walshy wrote:Is this official? This may be true, but should we believe a new member and his close friend?
First thing its a girl, 2nd i know the person who had told her and the close friend is well known and also very close to the club and all the players.

Like many others have said not a big loss, we can do better. Jake Cole is not a bad shout. He did really well for barnet even though they were really poor. But could see hom wnting to stay in london.
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Walshy
How many posts do you have to make before your opinion is considered believable???