When do we start to panic?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

When do we start to panic?

Post by drummergull90 »

I think its fair to give Ling a week to bed in before signing any new players, but I am starting to get seriously concerned about our squad. We are all agreed we need 7/8 senior players in order to even survive next season yet we are hearing nothing, not even rumours, about new signings.

How long until we start to get seriously concerned about our playing squad?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

August.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

seriously...when the transfer window closes

less seriously(and more ideal) before pre season starts. 10 days?
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Not yet! Just enjoy the official sites tit bits of things they are throwing us, such as how much of the training ground is in use, and debate on the teams run out music for the coming season. =D
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We were told when Dinger signed that he would take his time with signings. Taken purely at face value, I guess this means we have to give him, say, a week or 10 days longer than we gave PB to make signings.
I certainly do not suspect he is on the golf course or down the pub all day every day, I would imagine that, at present, the club is very much like a sway. Feck all happening on the surface, but crazy busy under the water.

There is the other option that the club is moments from disaster and we are all being left in the dark.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:There is the other option that the club is moments from disaster and we are all being left in the dark.

Matt.
Well, I wasn't panicking before....
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It would have easy for M/L to come in and sign players, surely they have to be the right players, the club needs some continuity on the playing front, I think he is doing the right think trying to sign Oastler and Stevens in the first instance, and I would imagine would as a priority taken time to speak with Zebroski and O Kane.

Martin ling as we know has been successful at league 2 and reasonably at league 1 level as well, he also has set up scouting networks for Hibs and Walsall, would any of you bet against him having the contacts he says he does?

We still have the base of a competitive league 2 squad here, with some decent additions I still think we can enjoy a top half finish next term, of it takes M/L three weeks to bring in the right players so be it.

When should we panic, when M/L starts panicking and signing any old player just to make numbers up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Tis a bit worrying isn't it?

It would be nice to hear negotiations are taking place with players at the club and targets being sounded out but when we know that clubs are probably after Zebs and the like and we know full well that ML's hnds are tied to a certain extent then we have every right to be concerned.

I intended to buy a season ticket knowing full well I wouldn't attend a few games, just trying to do my bit. Since the PO final I haven't done that. Not saying that's correct but it does reflect the way I feel currently.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

If we don't have at least a signing by the end of the week, then I would be seriously worried.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

phew glad forevere has put me right. Ling is trying to sign Stevens and Oastler - and there was i thinking we were in for a relegation battle.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Who would you like him to sign then?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:phew glad forevere has put me right. Ling is trying to sign Stevens and Oastler - and there was i thinking we were in for a relegation battle.
No problems Brucie,allways happy to pass on my good advice :lol:
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brucie wrote:phew glad forevere has put me right. Ling is trying to sign Stevens and Oastler - and there was i thinking we were in for a relegation battle.
:lol:

Oastler would be welcome back though I guess.

It's easy to speculate who to sign, but none of us truely know how much they want for wages.

Else I could plan out the transfer dealings for us.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I often wonder if Brucie has any sharp implements at his place of residence. Reading his posts I become more and more likely to use my tie to hang myself with.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I love his blunt honesty. You might never agree with what he says, but it's bloody funny reading it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com