Jo kuffour

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fans23456

Jo kuffour

Post by fans23456 »

acording to my mate who works at bristol rovers,

jo kuffour will be joing torquay on monday

great signing that would be

thoughts?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

fans23456 wrote:acording to my mate who works at bristol rovers,

jo kuffour will be joing torquay on monday

great signing that would be

thoughts?
Provided he has looked after himself and provided he still has the pace and guile of the last few years. I for one would be most impressed to see him back.
But I doubt we could ever afford him. I doubt he would drop his wage enough for us to afford him, and I would have thought that even though Rovers are in the same division they would expect to go up this season, and we are not that likely to be involved in the playoffs let alone promotion. So he would look at it as a retrograde step. I think it's just a wind up. But I am willing to be proved wrong
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

As Torquay is nearer to London than Bristol!

Not going to happen!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Kuffour? Would love it! But at this moment of time I can't see that being true. I've always been a massive fan of Kuffour and if what you say is true I'll be over the moon. But as I said I can't really see it being reality! But we ll see........
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Well apparently Robertson was signing for you three (?) days ago and that hasnt happened. But if this does happen then I'd be very happy with that signing.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Been left out of both friendlies, Buckle looking to offload him and few other players to bring down wages within salary cap - I say let them all stay and cause financial issues!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
pirate1883
Trialist
Trialist

Post by pirate1883 »

He played 45 minutes in our first friendly, but you're right that he was left out of yesterday's friendly squad. Buckle has said he and a few others might move on, but has also suggested they can stay if they're willing to work hard and fight for a place.

He turned down a move to Yeovil supposedly because he only wanted to move if it was closer to London, but you never know with footballers - may have just not been offered enough money. Think you guys would offer him a higher wage than Yeovil did to get him? If so I think we would definitely let him go, he seems to be falling far down the pecking order here
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

He's not a Buckle signing. Which basically means he will not get a look in. What you will learn about Paul Buckle is that is ego is enormous. He will want to rely on only the players he has brought to the club. He will not allow anyone that was there before him to affect your season - because he will be unable to take credit for their input.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, he made Manse his captain and he was here before Bucks, so not entirely true Shane.....but I know what you mean.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

scottbrehaut wrote:Well, he made Manse his captain and he was here before Bucks, so not entirely true Shane.....but I know what you mean.
True enough Scott. He did quickly move him out of the position he is most comfortable in though.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Which is why Manse is one of my favourite players....he doesn't care where he is playing (well, he might do but never moans openly about it), as long as he is playing.....Torquay through and through, and a good captain.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I am sure i read somewhere that Kuffor is carrying an injury which is why he hasn't played
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

scottbrehaut wrote:Well, he made Manse his captain and he was here before Bucks, so not entirely true Shane.....but I know what you mean.
true, but he had plenty of opportunities to do that before he evntually did. he made nicky wroe captain first. which was a bad decision and also unfair on nicky wroe who im sure was only 23 at the time and seems quite a reserved individual anyway.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Todays herald reports that Ling is in London meeting a forward,which may rule out Kuffour
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I would love Kuffour to make a return to Plainmoor. He was one of our star players in the team when i first began watching the Gulls. Its never gonna happen though IMO as he will see it as too much of a backward step ( although his career is going backwards anyway ), his wages would be too high for us AND i doubt if Buckle will want to sell any of his players to us in any case.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.