Argyle let Dickinson go

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Argyle let Dickinson go

Post by tufcbrett »

I do feel sorry for Plymouth, they sign a decent striker and a week later they have to let him go for "personal reasons" im guessing he only wants to leave because he wants to get paid.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 55,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It cant be good for them and i thought they got taken over?

Anyways, why doesnt Ling try and sign him up if hes already down this way even if thats only been a week.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What a fecking clown! Where has he been living for the last 8 months, in a cave, on Mars, with his fingers in his ears? He MUST have known about the situation down there.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tufcbrett wrote:I do feel sorry for Plymouth, they sign a decent striker and a week later they have to let him go for "personal reasons" im guessing he only wants to leave because he wants to get paid.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 55,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It cant be good for them and i thought they got taken over?

Anyways, why doesnt Ling try and sign him up if hes already down this way even if thats only been a week.
Great shout - get on the dog and bone Martin!

I do feel for Argyle though - its not good for the region.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:What a fecking clown! Where has he been living for the last 8 months, in a cave, on Mars, with his fingers in his ears? He MUST have known about the situation down there.

Matt.
The purchase of the club falling down might have a lot to do with this to be fair Matt.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You say that Rich, but what sort of advice has he been given. It wasn't Roman Abramovich taking over, it was some penniless pototo farmer from Kilkenny, hardly likely to start lobbing spondoolies about like confetti.

Piss poor player management from his agent/entourage.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I tend to follow the same view as Rich here,a work mate of mine is a Garg season ticket holder and pretty clued up on all things Argyle .last week he was happy and thought they would atleast be competative,yesterday the same lad was in utter despair as it looked like the whole takeover was going to collapse.

I should imaging that Dickinson was given some cast iron assurance's that everything was going to be ok,and as it has turned out not be the case they have had no option to release him.it may even have been of an argeement when he signed for them.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Liam Dicko looked pretty useless for Walsall in the cup game last season and his strike rate isn't much cop
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's not great to be honest Dickinson, he'd be okay at league 2 though.

Do feel for Argyle!
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellowforever wrote:He's not great to be honest Dickinson, he'd be okay at league 2 though.

Do feel for Argyle!
Being honest here,i do not feel for Argyle one bit,i feel for the company who put the new pitch down who now find themselves a reported £398k (i believe) out of pocket,and all the rest who did not have much choice but to accept 0.007p in the pound.

Yes frustrating for there fan's,they did not ask or deserve there club to be screwed over the way it was,i actually think someone should be off to prison over it myself,couple season's suffering wont hurt them,i do however hope for the fan's they have a club left at the end it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I feel for Argyle fans, and the local businesses severely out of pocket thanks to the 0.07p in the pound or whatever it was, and in a way, I feel sorry for the current crop of players who are unpaid for nearly 10 months, I believe. But do I feel sorry for the club? Not at all. Tried chasing the dream, spending beyond their means. I struggle to understand how they managed to wrack up so much debt, after selling players for fairly big money (Mackie, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi and the like) but still.

As Dave says, I hope they (the fans) have PAFC left at the end of it, but this time the club lives within its means.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

I do have a softspot for Plymouth Argyle but i still remeber when fans were coming on the forum when we were in the BSP and them in the Championship slagging us off...saying we only get our cast-offs....funny how times change....
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

With Dickinson gone, who's going to find all those bargains in the attic?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Has joined Southend. Im suprised by that but there we go thats football
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

tufcbrett wrote:Has joined Southend. Im suprised by that but there we go thats football
along with Ryan Leonard, also former Argyle.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

So basically he's gone from one financially screwed club to another not quite so badly financially screwed club. Does he want to be paid or not?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"