Dilemma for Oxford match. Help needed.......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Dilemma for Oxford match. Help needed.......

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Hiya peeps. I need help (yes Dave, I know.....). :-o

Mrs Beard, myself and the dog are in sunny Devon for the weekend and I will be at Plainmoor for the Accrington match. I originally planned for Mrs Beard to drive me to Oxford (en route back to Yorkshire) where I would meet the 'Tache and we would drive home together, however......
The 'tache has just got a job in Dublin, and he and his colleagues who are going out to set up a new office for the firm he works for are flying out there on Monday now, so the plans have gone belly up. :(

I need a lift back 'oop north' from Oxford after the game if anyone has a space in a car (bit of petrol money thrown in of course). Anywhere in South Yorkshire will do. :nod:

If not, despite my suggestion to Mrs Beard that I may hitch hike home (she's not impressed with the idea) I'll have to go straight home and miss the game. :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Inbox me if you can help. :bow: :bow: :bow:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I can't help, but can I request that this leads to a rant in the 'angry' thread about how useless public transport is, please.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Yep, public transport is not good.

Train is £51.50, depart Oxford 17.36 or 18.36. One change to Sheffield, approx 3-hour journey. But who would want to pay that much? There's a National Express coach Oxford (dep.17.10) to Sheffield (arr.22.25) for £24.20.

Maybe to other S. Yorks. destinations too. Book in advance of course. A lift is better if possible!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Over 5 hours from Oxford to Sheffield? And its National EXPRESS! Does it go via Carlisle? How slow are the ordinary buses? :-| I could probably hitch it back quicker. :-D
Can't see me on a bus for 5 hours after a couple of beers, and the train fare is a joke (it is YORKSHIRE I'm heading back to! :bow: ).
Thanks for info 'Scorer, but if no lift is forthcoming I'll be giving it a miss I'm afraid despite having looked forward to this one :'( :'( :'(
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Try the Oxford forum. As a local, I know there is a contingent from Halifax that travel down to the Kassam.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
yorkgull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by yorkgull »

Emet - can you PM me as I don't seem to able to PM you and I'll respond - suffice to say I'll be driving past Donny on the way home on Monday so will able to drop you off.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

yorkgull wrote:Emet - can you PM me as I don't seem to able to PM you and I'll respond - suffice to say I'll be driving past Donny on the way home on Monday so will able to drop you off.
PM'd you thanks :)
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Phew!! That's better than sharing a car with a bunch of Tyke Oxf&ckers!!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just got in from work and emailed yorkgull, messaged Emet on Facebook and low and behold it's all too late. All's well that ends well ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Have you messaged me matey? Cos if you have i haven't received it. Yorkgull has offered to drop me off so I'm gonna ring him just to confirm over the weekend. If its who i think it is we used to stand together as we had a mutual friend many moons ago who has left for distant shores. :nod:

DERRR its not on here :Oops:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

if shes into shopping, drop her at the bicester outlet and pick her up afterwards, problem solved but it would prob end up costing you a lot more than the train home??!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:if shes into shopping, drop her at the bicester outlet and pick her up afterwards, problem solved but it would prob end up costing you a lot more than the train home??!!

What about Emets dog? Poor bugger. Emet could always tether him up for 90 minutes outside the away end at the Kassam and give him'her a hot dog and a quick walk & tiddle at half time. :clap:

Glad you got sorted with the lift Emet. I was going to PM you as i will probably be going to Oxford but if the game had been on a saturday then i could have taken you back to Scawsby as i usually go to me mums on saturday night so i could have drove straight back to Donny. As it is i'll be stopping at Chez Vegas ( or Chesterfield to the youth ) so won't be going as far as Donny but could possibly drop you at Chesterfield station if it all goes t*ts up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Have you messaged me matey? Cos if you have i haven't received it. Yorkgull has offered to drop me off so I'm gonna ring him just to confirm over the weekend. If its who i think it is we used to stand together as we had a mutual friend many moons ago who has left for distant shores. :nod:

DERRR its not on here :Oops:

On Facebook mate. The clue was in "messaged Emet on Facebook" :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

I'm struggling for this game too! Train fares (Leeds to Oxford) return was £40 when I looked a few days ago which I wasn't too concerned in paying but went to book one tonight and they have gone up to 60 odd quid which I don't think I can afford :( booo was looking forward to this game
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.