Danny Stevens

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Danny Stevens

Post by drummergull90 »

Just noticed that on the OS it says he is 5ft 10! http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Profi ... 47,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very funny. Must be 5ft 2 at the tallest.

On a (slightly) serious note, can anyone remember which game Danny scored in with his gentleman parts earlier on this season? Me and a few mates were watching comedy goals on youtube, and I'd like to show them if anyone can remember which game it was? Cross came in and he bundled it over the line, classic Danny.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

If you want funny goals, last weeks question of sport in the what happened next round was a defender scoring the most outrageous bicycle kick own goal from edge of area. Its hilarious
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

drummergull90 wrote:Just noticed that on the OS it says he is 5ft 10! http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Profi ... 47,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very funny. Must be 5ft 2 at the tallest.

On a (slightly) serious note, can anyone remember which game Danny scored in with his gentleman parts earlier on this season? Me and a few mates were watching comedy goals on youtube, and I'd like to show them if anyone can remember which game it was? Cross came in and he bundled it over the line, classic Danny.

I saw that too! he is shorter than me, and I am 5 foot 4! I know which game you were on about, but can't remember who it was it was at home though, maybe plymouth?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Definitely wasn't Plymouth. He ran from the halfway line that game. Can't remember the game though...
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chesterfield FA Cup
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Only goal he has scored with his 'head' all season.... :rofl:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Danny Stevens, where do I start ? :@ :whip:

Oh yeah, the po faced whipping boy smilie has just reminded me I'm under a self-imposed non personal attack on the little fella and his short comings for a whole 12 months (24:00hrs December 31 2011 to 24:00hrs December 31 2012). :-/ :( :rofl:

In the Wimbledon match thread, a few more are seeing and realising what I've seen and realised several seasons ago - Danny Stevens has not got the physical strength, balls and ability in him for a 46 match season.

What was Martin Ling to do when Stevens was already under a new 2 year contract before he took the manager's job ? He did the only thing he could do - give Stevens the chance to prove/improve himself at League level.

Now is not the time for the "unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case. What happens when that happens, is Stevens drifts into the middle and fades away. When that happens, we're effectively down to 10 men, one man short.

Remember the 2009 play-off final v Cambridge ? :keepie: Stevens went down the left wing on the outside forcing the central defender to commit himself, giving away a foul which resulted in the said defender being sent off. Now they were one man short which greatly aided our cause with the result we turned a 1-0 into 2-0 and the rest as they say is history.

Edit : It's been pointed out to me that it wasn't Stevens that was fouled, it was Benyon. :-D

In the 71st minute the drama took an even bigger surge when Phil Bolland mistimed a tackle on Elliot Benyon and received his second yellow card. From the free-kick Tim Sills hit the post with a header and Chris Todd struck a shot over the crossbar but he was off balance at the time. Surely United's chance had come now to finish things off and claim that spot in the Football League?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Trojan 67 wrote:What was Martin Ling to do when Stevens was already under a new 2 year contract before he took the manager's job ? He did the only thing he could do - give Stevens the chance to prove/improve himself at League level.
I'm pretty sure Danny was out of contract and it was Lingy himself who got Stevens tied down to a 2 year deal. I think it was one of his first actions as a manager and went out of his way to do it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

cambgull wrote: I'm pretty sure Danny was out of contract and it was Lingy himself who got Stevens tied down to a 2 year deal. I think it was one of his first actions as a manager and went out of his way to do it.

Without going back through reams of pages, I'm sure the offer was on the table before Martin Ling arrived, so he simply gave it his seal of approval.

One thing is for sure, Danny Stevens doesn't have a League One 46 match season in him, if we get there. If we stay where we are, Stevens will be back on the bench as a 20 minute "impact" sub.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

cambgull is quite correct in pointing out further factual mistakes in Trojan's post.

'The United boss has also renegotiated new deals with winger Danny Stevens, highly-rated midfielder Eunan O'Kane and club stalwarts Kevin Nicholson and captain Lee Mansell'. http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Ling- ... story.html

Ling was appointed in the middle of June & Danny's 2 year contract expires on 30th June 2013 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/danny ... 35443.html

Of course you can interpret your own rules as you wish, and if Tojan thinks that saying that someone 'hasn't got the balls' for a 46 match season can't be classified as a personal attack then so be it.

If 'Now is not the time for the "unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case', you can't help wondering whether his post doesn't actually add fuel to the fire of the very people who do get on Stevens back. Very strange timing indeed.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

According to that German .co.uk site, Danny Stevens is worth £50,000! Someone make a bid then...

Eunan is also only with £50,000 and Ellis is supposedly worth £25,000. Don't think I trust these figures somehow.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I did wonder if the unforgiving side referred to Trojan and his mates!!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Alpine Joe wrote:cambgull is quite correct in pointing out further factual mistakes in Trojan's post.

'The United boss has also renegotiated new deals with winger Danny Stevens, highly-rated midfielder Eunan O'Kane and club stalwarts Kevin Nicholson and captain Lee Mansell'. http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Ling- ... story.html

Ling was appointed in the middle of June & Danny's 2 year contract expires on 30th June 2013 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/danny ... 35443.html

Of course you can interpret your own rules as you wish, and if Tojan thinks that saying that someone 'hasn't got the balls' for a 46 match season can't be classified as a personal attack then so be it.

If 'Now is not the time for the "unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case', you can't help wondering whether his post doesn't actually add fuel to the fire of the very people who do get on Stevens back. Very strange timing indeed.

It's TROJAN :@

"hasn't got the balls" being a quote taken out of context. The actual words being "Danny Stevens has not got the physical strength, balls and ability in him for a 46 match season."

Read it as you wish, Joe . . . . . . where has been his final "ball" ("balls") these last few games when the pressure has been on ? Got the drift, Joe ?

Then there's the "very strange timing indeed". How clear does "Now is NOT the time for "the unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case" have to be before you understand it ? I'll spell it out so you understand it . . . "Now is NOT the time for "the unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case."

Got the drift ?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SteveDeckchair wrote:I did wonder if the unforgiving side referred to Trojan and his mates!!

Keep on wondering. ;-)

It's become a piss take, "the unforgiving side" (Popside) are on his (Stevens) case while I'm not adding to it. They think it's hilarious that I am not voicing my "constructive criticism" while they vent their bile.

I'll state again, "Now is NOT the time for "the unforgiving side" (Popside) to get on Stevens case."
traveller gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: olejnic

Post by traveller gull »

trojan is correct stevens is awful i could not boo him simply because i dont boo any torquay player however its about time stevens was punted out the team give rowe turner a crack he could not do any worse then again i could not do any worse and ime 20 odd stone