O'Kane to Bournemouth CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

O'Kane to Bournemouth CONFIRMED

Post by lucy6lucy »

I appreciate theres already a large thread on this saga, but would we begrudge him going Bournemouth, personally they are a decent side in L1 and have far more potential than Crawley so I cant see him turning them down. Just hope we have a good sell on clause and lets hope we have potential/decent names to replace him. Just hope he holds out until January
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Bournemouth would be a step sideways. They're another seaside club, not as big as Blackpool or Brighton, and hardly any bigger than Torquay or Southend. They just happen to be currently in League One. Sometimes they slip down to the bottom division for a while. Eunan might just as well carry on with the Gulls to develop his career and eventually move to the Championship or Premier League. The time's not far away when Torquay will be challenging for promotion from League One..!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Disagree there. Bournemouth have been taken over by someone with alot of money and ambition wouldnt be surprised if they were battling at the right end of the table next year.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AlexGulls wrote:Disagree there. Bournemouth have been taken over by someone with alot of money and ambition wouldnt be surprised if they were battling at the right end of the table next year.
Hmm.. Sounds rather like a posh Crawley..!!
Last edited by Gullscorer on 25 Jul 2012, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I hate to say it but Bournemouth is a perfect fit for Eunan at the moment. Footballing side, good pitch and a decent ground. As much as I would love him to stay I expect and understand him not to do so.

Even after he turned Crawley down he was more likely to start the season somewhere else other than Plainmoor.

Hope Ling has a replacement in mind and has already started the process as this has always been on the cards in all honesty.
Last edited by Richinns on 25 Jul 2012, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Thought it was too good to be true that he was staying?!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Richinns wrote:I hate to say it but Bournemouth is a perfect fit for Eunan at the moment. Footballing side, good pitch and a decent ground.
I was with you up until this bit ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lets replace him with someone who has been out for ages with a knee injury - we should be ok.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Lets replace him with someone who has been out for ages with a knee injury - we should be ok.
This is dumb, even for you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Lets replace him with someone who has been out for ages with a knee injury - we should be ok.
FFS Brucie! Even when the sun is shining you're still a miserable cn*t.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PhilGull wrote: FFS Brucie! Even when the sun is shining you're still a miserable cn*t.
poor language, I hate that word. Both need a good pounding though!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie I know this is very hard for you to deal with but as L2 side taking punts on players like Downes is what L2 clubs do!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Well Exeter want one of them, maybe we can hijack the deal for Oakley? That or give Owen Hargreaves 4 years.

if O'Kane goes, my slim expectations for this season are then replaced by Staying up will do.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

With or without Eunan, we have a stronger squad than we did last year and we made the playoffs. Why all this negativity?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

usagullmichigan wrote: poor language, I hate that word. Both need a good pounding though!

Mucho apologies.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084