PSF: Torquay United v Leeds United, 27/07/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

PSF: Torquay United v Leeds United, 27/07/12

Post by Colorado Gull »

Our third pre season friendly game is against Leeds United at home. It'll be my first game of the season back in the popside (oh how I've missed it) and it'll be nice to see a busy Plainmoor for a friendly (even if it is nearly hall full of Leeds fans).

Should be more in attendance from the Yellow Army, how's going to this one then?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Do you have to buy the tickets in advance or will you be able to on the day?
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

OllieGull wrote:Do you have to buy the tickets in advance or will you be able to on the day?
You can buy them at the turnstiles.

There is already a thread on this too.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

You don't have to buy tickets in advance and I would advise not too. I bought my Cheltenham(shire) tickets for the second leg play off in advance and the club opened one turnstile for the popside for ticket holders. So the rest were empty and for pay on the day supporters. I realise they may not do that again, but I'm not taking and chances.

Rachii, I realise there is already a thread on this, but that is on the banter board and this is a match thread.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:You don't have to buy tickets in advance and I would advise not too. I bought my Cheltenham(shire) tickets for the second leg play off in advance and the club opened one turnstile for the popside for ticket holders. So the rest were empty and for pay on the day supporters. I realise they may not do that again, but I'm not taking and chances.

Rachii, I realise there is already a thread on this, but that is on the banter board and this is a match thread.
Yeah I did as well for Cheltenham and it was quite a big queue, would you recommend getting there early or not?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

OllieGull wrote: Yeah I did as well for Cheltenham and it was quite a big queue, would you recommend getting there early or not?

I would recommend to get there early yes because it will be busier than any pre season friendly and it's always to be earlier rather than later, just to make sure you get a good spot in wherever you may be situated tomorrow night. But don't threat about getting tickets beforehand because I dont think there 100% necessary and it won't get you in any quicker. It will be busy, but not busy enough to worry about tickets.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Can someone confirm KO time - is it really 7.00 pm? If so I can't be back from work in time. :@
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Ring in sick mate!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Its a 7 O'Clock kick off as far as I'm aware aswell.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Modgull wrote:Can someone confirm KO time - is it really 7.00 pm? If so I can't be back from work in time. :@
Of course you can, you're a grown man, who, presumably, has a real job (rather than, say, flipping burgers). Knock off half an hour early and get to the match and just work a bit harder on Monday to catch up.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote: Of course you can, you're a grown man, who, presumably, has a real job (rather than, say, flipping burgers). Knock off half an hour early and get to the match and just work a bit harder on Monday to catch up.

Matt.
You forget, he comes from Modbury. This basically means he'd have to ask his father/uncle whether he would be able leave early then have to apologise to his sister/wife for not being in tonight. He might also be letting down his brother/son who would have to cover him. Those 3 people would be most aggrieved.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Could there be more Leeds fans than Torquay supporters at Plainmoor this evening? This is obviously a big game for Leeds, probably the highlight of their season, but I wouldn't like to think that their fans will be making more noise than the yellow army..

I'm paying on the gate, so best get there early. Would 6.15pm be about right..?
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I wonder what the attendance will be. Should be in the 5000s I think.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We should give Neil Warnock a warm welcome back to Plainmoor. Seems a lifetime ago now, but he did well for us during his short spell in charge here.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Apparently there are going to be loads of Leeds fans trying to pay on the gate to get into our end