I would drop Rene....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

I would drop Rene....

Post by Richinns »

...for the Gillingham game (If he does not get a booking on Monday of-course!)

Barnet at home is a game we really have to target for points and Gillingham away is a much tougher proposition and one in which Rene is likely to get frustrated and booked in.

Need to play the odds here so if he remains clear of trouble against Bradford then I would definitely use the option of protecting him for Barnet.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I wa actually thinking the same myself - if he plays in an away game he will get booked pure and simple as the referees are "looking for him".
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

A tactical rest :whistle:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Yellowledbetter30
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellowledbetter30 »

Think I would agree with this, we will need him for future (more winnable games).

I can't remember if this is right or not but isn't there a yellow card amnesty whereby all yellow cards are scrubbed after the second Sunday in April?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not that I know of, but how I'd love that!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Yellowledbetter30 wrote:Think I would agree with this, we will need him for future (more winnable games).

I can't remember if this is right or not but isn't there a yellow card amnesty whereby all yellow cards are scrubbed after the second Sunday in April?
For players approaching ten bookings, there is a cut-off point of the second Sunday in April, after which they escape suspension.
There is no such relief ahead for Howe – if he reaches 15 cautions at any time, he will be banned for three games.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Wise words, he's getting virtually a card a game at the moment, and at this stage of the season the rest will do him good to.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Richinns wrote:...for the Gillingham game (If he does not get a booking on Monday of-course!)

Barnet at home is a game we really have to target for points and Gillingham away is a much tougher proposition and one in which Rene is likely to get frustrated and booked in.

Need to play the odds here so if he remains clear of trouble against Bradford then I would definitely use the option of protecting him for Barnet.
Labadie is now only 2 bookings away from a 2 match ban as well.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Am guessing in Labadie's case he might make it to the amnesty period. I would agree with the logic of resting Rene for the Gills game ahead of Barnet. Although can see the counter argument to this. His booking last night was a needless foul, albeit the egging on of the crowd prompted Sheldrake's decision. Here's hoping he can stay booking free on Monday.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I wouldn't be so sure about Labadie. He's played 6 games for us and been booked in 4 of them, we play 3 more games before the amnesty kicks in.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Understand were your coming from with this, but completely the wrong way of looking at it. You can not predict results, at this stage of the season you can not say one game is more winnable than another just look at some of the recent results, teams are winning games which you would think they had no chance of winning, we are just as likey to get a result at Gillingham as we rae at home to Barnet.

Go into every game with your strongest team, go into every game believing you can win it. If Rene Howe gets booked so be it, he gets booked and misses 3 games, believe in the likes of the much improved Jarvis and Yoeman who will run all day long for the cause to do the job.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I would keep him in the side until the inevitable happens because he's a good penalty taker.

Not that he's staying beyond this season anyway (a recurring rumour I keep hearing) but at season end I would not renew his contract.

Why? I'll tell you why and Howe! He's a definite liability and piss taker! His attitude means he misses at least 10 games a season. Look at the situation we are currently in ? It's inevitable he'll miss 3 of the last 5 when we will need him most.

If I'm proved wrong, then smashing, marvellous, you can't beat a bit of bully sheite. If I'm wrong, I'll even go as far as apologising to flatulencelover for calling him a norbett head.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

forevertufc wrote:Understand were your coming from with this, but completely the wrong way of looking at it. :goodpost: You can not predict results, at this stage of the season you can not say one game is more winnable than another just look at some of the recent results, teams are winning games which you would think they had no chance of winning, we are just as likey to get a result at Gillingham as we rae at home to Barnet.
Go into every game with your strongest team, go into every game believing you can win it. If Rene Howe gets booked so be it, he gets booked and misses 3 games, believe in the likes of the much improved Jarvis and Yoeman who will run all day long for the cause to do the job.

Spot on again Dave. Play the strongest team available and if he gets booked then he gets booked. We carry on without him. We have to go to Gillingham believing we can get something and i'm sure Knill will have the same approach too. EVERY game counts. Northampton have a much stronger home record than Gillingham and arguably we were good for a draw there so why can't we go to Kent and and get a result?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

agree.

play your best team - its too late now to be picking and choosing games for players.
we need the points so go for it.

and to be honest hes not firing on all cylinders and i am more confident we can score without him now with the way that AK/CB sets the team up now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Has he lost interest, burnt out or just struggling for fitness/form?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com