Joke police

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Joke police

Post by DevonYellow »

I will be emailing the club all of below when I get home.

On the advice of Devon and Cornwall police I write this email after the joke of a situation that was allowed to happen at today's game. The stewarding of the bristol rovers "fans" who knowingly bought tickets for parts of the ground they were not allowed to be in was ridiculous.

If I entered a part of the ground I was not supposed to be in and then blatantly celebrated goals and sung songs I would quite rightly expect to be ejected from said part of the ground and/or arrested. Apparently the police were told to ignore such activities and let them get on with it. Torquay fans were ejected from the ground where as rovers fans were either grouped in a corner of the pop side or moved to the away end. Where is the justice in that?

We paid extra money for the policing today and the message from them (the police) was that the club told them to allow rovers fans to remain in the home areas. The officer I spoke to requested I write this email as they were unhappy the club requested they did not eject rovers fans from home areas of the ground.

I did not have a problem with rovers fans in the home end, but when said fans blatantly celebrate goals in front of home fans to goad them, only then to see Torquay fans ejected, is quite frankly unjust and makes a mockery of the stewarding arrangements.

Either the police are lying that they were not permitted to intervene, or the club has serious questions to answer to their fans. The home fans should be the priority but today it was not. We paid extra for them to be in the ground and the message to me was that the club sold tickets to these fans so they could stay where they were.

i wwould be interested to hear other people's views on the situation today.

Once again we were treated as second rate citizens in our own ground.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

We're Bristol Rovers, We stand where we want :-D
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Have to say that I have some sympathy with this post. I was in Bristow's Bench Block G. Block F was full of Rovers fans who could at least have quietly sat in their seats. They did not, they spent the second half winding up Torquay fans, standing up, singing and waving at the other Rovers fans, taking the piss. If we had gone down today, things would have got very difficult indeed. I am surprised at what the police say, this does not make good reading at all.

And f**k off British Gas, you are truly a w**ker of the first order.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Look let's get one thing straight, Devon and cornwall police will never take responsibility for anything. That is why they have been identified as one of the worse performing police forces in the country.

At football they just huddle in one corner of the ground and are as low profile as possible, then when anything kicks off the first thing thy do is ensure everyone knows "it's not their fault"

Today a group of rovers fans were sat in the home end of the bench and what did the police do, just stood there filming them....absolutely bloody useless
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I have no problem with away fans in the home end but to have Torquay fans ejected and our own fans not allowed into the ground is utterly disgraceful. Especially when the attendance was some several hundred below what our capacity is meant to be. In fact, I thought it was meant to be around 6,750.

The club really don't do themselves any favours sometimes.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Have to say that I have some sympathy with this post. I was in Bristow's Bench Block G. Block F was full of Rovers fans who could at least have quietly sat in their seats. They did not, they spent the second half winding up Torquay fans, standing up, singing and waving at the other Rovers fans, taking the piss. If we had gone down today, things would have got very difficult indeed. I am surprised at what the police say, this does not make good reading at all.

And f**k off British Gas, you are truly a w**ker of the first order.
Ooooh touchy!

You ought to calm down a little, mate!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Please don't tell me that the two fans ejected from Bristow's Bench (just before half time I think) were Torquay fans? If so, then the club have SERIOUS questions to answer.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

BRITISH GAS THAT IS SO ARROGANT, IVE BEEN BEEN TO FEW AWAY GAMES AND STOOD IN THE HOME ENDS BUT HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THE HOME FANS, YOUR ATTITUDE STINKS TO SAY THE LEAST, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOR CHRIST SAKE, WE ARE BRISTOL ROVERS WE SIT WHERE WE LIKE, WELL I SUGGET YOU GO FORTH AND MUTIPLY AND GROW UP, ITS TW--TS LIKE YOU THAT CAUSE TROUBLE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, BRISTOL CITY, NOW THATS A BIG CLUB! :)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

BritishGAS, how would you feel if you were playing at home and weren't able to get into one of the biggest games of the season because away fans were in the home end. You'd be pretty pissed off, let's face it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

ROADRUNNER wrote:BRITISH GAS THAT IS SO ARROGANT, IVE BEEN BEEN TO FEW AWAY GAMES AND STOOD IN THE HOME ENDS BUT HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THE HOME FANS, YOUR ATTITUDE STINKS TO SAY THE LEAST, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOR CHRIST SAKE, WE ARE BRISTOL ROVERS WE SIT WHERE WE LIKE, WELL I SUGGET YOU GO FORTH AND MUTIPLY AND GROW UP, ITS TW--TS LIKE YOU THAT CAUSE TROUBLE. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, BRISTOL CITY, NOW THATS A BIG CLUB! :)
I was making a light hearted comment!

No need to get so upset about it!

Honestly, some people!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Ooooh touchy!

You ought to calm down a little, mate![/quote]

That maybe so but your "fans" need to learn respect. You're nowhere near as big as you think you are.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I was in the family stand and there was 2 pr*cks celebrating the first half goal. As they were doing so two coppers walked by and laughed. The only thing stopping me using the foulest of language against these gasheads was the 4year old sat next to me.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

cambgull wrote:BritishGAS, how would you feel if you were playing at home and weren't able to get into one of the biggest games of the season because away fans were in the home end. You'd be pretty pissed off, let's face it.
Why are you all getting so upset?

I agree with you, I made a little joke and you have all gone mental!

Cheer up guy's, You have stayed up! Share the love, not the hate man!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I bought my ticket for the Bench today about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Rovers fans were already posting on their forum that they were after seats in the Home Sections. When I bought my ticket I mentioned this situation; the ticket office girls told me that they were aware of this; any Rovers fans wearing colours or singing would be ejected. JOKE. The Rovers fans on the Bench were aggressive & the stewards talked a lot on their radios about the situation & did absolutely nothing. Very disappointing, & spoilt the atmosphere.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

BritishGAS wrote:[:
I was making a light hearted comment!

No need to get so upset about it!

Honestly, some people!
Not light hearted. Today's poor organisation and poor behaviour by a few Rovers fans could have led to real problems. I like Rovers and their fans, I lived for many years in Bristol, but today was just taking the piss.