Congratulations

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Congratulations

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Strange nobody has deemed it worthy of it's own thread but i'd just like to say congratulations and well done to Jordan Chappell (and the other players for the assist) for scoring the fastest goal in TUFC history.

It is something positive and something to celebrate and those of you who were there were part of it might not see a quicker one for the next 100 years.

Well done Jordan. :bow: :-D

A goal within 90 minutes at Bury will do next week lad. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed Andy, was a quick goal by Chapell.. :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Blimey didn't know that was a record!! Well done Chappers!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
dogull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by dogull »

Do you remember On January 3, 1977 Pat Kruse of Torquay United scored the fastest own goal in English football by heading the ball past his own keeper after only six seconds against Cambridge United.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

dogull wrote:Do you remember On January 3, 1977 Pat Kruse of Torquay United scored the fastest own goal in English football by heading the ball past his own keeper after only six seconds against Cambridge United.
... and Jim Fryatt a Gulls striker in the 1960's is credited with scoring the fastest goal ever in the Football League ... after just 4 seconds for Bradford Park Avenue against Tranmere Rovers!
CapeTownGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by CapeTownGull »

Yes, I saw Pat Kruse's own goal and then Phil Sandercock scored a second own goal just before half time! But we came back and secured a 2-2 draw against Cambridge who were the league leaders. Amazing game
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Has anyone seen this confirmed anywhere other than the BBC, notoriously the most unreliable thing on the internet, ever?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tbh Matt I got it from the BBC stats. I haven't looked anywhere else for it though. Take your point about their unreliability too. They are often useless and inaccurate.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

They still think that Mansfield played in our away kit, despite one look at the FLS showing otherwise. I'd take anything and everything they say with a large pinch of salt.

Where's Budleigh when you need him?

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Who is Budleigh?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

One of the nicest blokes going. Goes by the name of Leigh and runs a clock shoppe. Knows the history of the club inside out and is free with his information. I've sent him a begging PM and he's doing some investigating.

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Actually running a clock shop (or shoppe - I presume they are vintage antique clocks?) sounds like a perfect job. Sitting there admiring such beautiful craftsmanship, listening to tick tocks of a hundred clocks and painstakingly cleaning and restoring them. I'd take that over working at B&Q any day of the week.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

ferrarilover wrote:Has anyone seen this confirmed anywhere other than the BBC, notoriously the most unreliable thing on the internet, ever?

Matt.
It was in today's Mail if that makes it any more reliable.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It would be nice to think another record was broken, but lets make sure first. I await Budleighs confirmation with interest.
I love watching clocks. I am looking for a nice wall clock myself after the beautiful one that hung in my Grandfathers sitting room was sold without any of the Grandchildren being given a chance to have it.
The Germans loved them as well. I am not surprised you love them Andy. I bet it's you who gets really anguished when they go wrong. I can just see you now before the clock getting really angry. listening to it tick, as you say. "Ve haf Veys of Making to tock".

Right, I'll get me coat.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

I will happily sell you a clock...
Am actually just updating my website as I type!