Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Nicholson

Post by lucy6lucy »

Where is he? He obviously/thought he was better than being on torquays bench. But I can only presume NO club wants him, and it appears he has no respect for Knill. Do you miss him(no sentiments please as there is none in football).
Lucy
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He's sat at home, on twitter cheering the lads on.

He's done his time for us but I feel he could do a job for a conference club.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

My guess is he won't play for us again and will be off during the January transfer window.
Have to say that Cruise wasn't brilliant today at Dagenham, leaving his winger too much space too often.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Just like nicho this season. That's obviously where we need to strengthen
Lucy
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Not impressed by either of our fullbacks on the left, Nico for me is a benchwarmer. He must know he's coming to the end of his league days, he has after all had his second coming already! Great bloke, would be good to keep him around if we could afford it somewhere.
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by gullsfanatic1986 »

This subject is a complete joke!!!!! Again I will stand up for my friend and slate me if you want for actually knowing a footballer and being mates with them!!!! He has been told to stay away from the first team affairs, full stop! That means not travelling with the team and not training with them either! Everyone who doubts his commitment needs to get a serious grip, hes been with us for nearly 8 years and is gutted beyond belief to not be a part of the first team set up! Call yourselves fans?!?! Joke!!! Cant wait for him to prove you wrong
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

gullsfanatic1986 wrote:This subject is a complete joke!!!!! Again I will stand up for my friend and slate me if you want for actually knowing a footballer and being mates with them!!!! He has been told to stay away from the first team affairs, full stop! That means not travelling with the team and not training with them either! Everyone who doubts his commitment needs to get a serious grip, hes been with us for nearly 8 years and is gutted beyond belief to not be a part of the first team set up! Call yourselves fans?!?! Joke!!! Cant wait for him to prove you wrong
Why..??
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

gullsfanatic1986 wrote:This subject is a complete joke!!!!! Again I will stand up for my friend and slate me if you want for actually knowing a footballer and being mates with them!!!! He has been told to stay away from the first team affairs, full stop! That means not travelling with the team and not training with them either! Everyone who doubts his commitment needs to get a serious grip, hes been with us for nearly 8 years and is gutted beyond belief to not be a part of the first team set up! Call yourselves fans?!?! Joke!!! Cant wait for him to prove you wrong
Nothing more need be said, if folk can't understand this then i find it a bit sad. From a footballing perspective i agree with Russian, age perhaps has caught up with Nico in terms of being a first team pro footballer but i am more than happy to have him as perfectly adequate cover. If not then i certainly feel he is worthy of a starting berth at a conference club. Cruise is not that much better in all honesty but has more pace and awareness just so it's a no brainer at the moment. Sad for Kev as he is a true TUFC legend and it is really tragic that things have come to this given he has provided us with years and years of regular, generally consistent and exemplary service for which i am eternally grateful. I don't doubt his commitment one bit. He's about my age now and I'm shagged out so if anything we should be giving him immense credit for keeping himself fit and trying to prolong his career. On his day he is one of the better deliverers of set pieces in the league and who could forget that last minute screamer v Barnet? F*cking legend.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

oh, AND he played for Scarborough too, he'll know the magic of the McCain and the old seadogs spirit. One of my old haunts. :bow:

The seadogs will be back in the FL before long and not before time.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Andy, he's not around your age - he's younger than me.

Kev is 33.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote:Andy, he's not around your age - he's younger than me.

Kev is 33.

In my mind I'm his age. In my body I'm Tutenkhamun's age.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

People in general will always stand up for a friend, and rightly so. The point here is, why has Nicholson been asked to stay away from the first team, what did he do, or was perceived to have done that has led to the management taking such action , that's a pretty strong action to take against a player, and there's always two sides to every story.
Formerly known as forevertufc
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I don't now too much on this whole situation but here's a calculated guess.

I remember Knill taking him off at Rochdale away (when he was playing awful and getting destroyed by the new lad they brought on). He didn't seem too react too well from that. He then lost his place in the team due to consistent poor performances. He then throws a wobbler saying I'm leaving then I should play, I want to leave and asks to leave on loan.

The coaching staff must just sit there and think if an experiences pro cannot take being benched then what the ...... Going on.

You can see how these situations can escalate badly, and Nico doesn't seem to be one who would just sit back. But instead of saying I'm goin to knuckle down and get in the team. I could imagine him being disruptive.

You have to look at it from Knills side, he has seemingly banished a player to the sidelines, with that in mind Knill knows he's a TUFC legend, he must realise there could be a backlash and still went for it. Micros legs have gone and he's clinging on to what he can. His only way to get back into the team is for AK to to go. So I can imagine him being disruptive.

I don't blame him to be fair. This is a cut throat game one of them will be here next season. I for one hope it's Knill.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Nicholson been back on twitter saying he wants to ram people's negatives commens down our throats. Why Carnt he stay quiet?

He says he wants to play? This after he's said he want to go out on loan?

Unfortunately I see more and more why he's frozen out it seems he's clinging badly. I do think if he had acted better would he be the new assistant manager?
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

exiledgull wrote:Nicholson been back on twitter saying he wants to ram people's negatives commens down our throats. Why Carnt he stay quiet?

He says he wants to play? This after he's said he want to go out on loan?

Unfortunately I see more and more why he's frozen out it seems he's clinging badly. I do think if he had acted better would he be the new assistant manager?
I guess if you are allowed to give your opinion on what you think has happened he is entitled to his...............