R.I.P TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

R.I.P TUFC

Post by Forest gull »

R.I.P. TUFC.

Please leave your condolencies
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Although like everybody else I would like AK to leave or be fired, I would also like to mention that Mr Forest Gull writes in this forum only if our Torquay loses. He was gone before the Exeter game and was very active after the Scunny game. He was also one of the very first people to ask for Martin Ling to leave/get fired even when we were close to the playoffs before he got ill. It is obvious that if our board could financially sack Knill they would have done it by now. What else there is to do apart from supporting the guys now...unlike most weeks when we lose the commentators were happy with our performance and were confident that we should not have lost. What is the point of such a thread anyway?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

MH91 wrote:Although like everybody else I would like AK to leave or be fired, I would also like to mention that Mr Forest Gull writes in this forum only if our Torquay loses. He was gone before the Exeter game and was very active after the Scunny game. He was also one of the very first people to ask for Martin Ling to leave/get fired even when we were close to the playoffs before he got ill. It is obvious that if our board could financially sack Knill they would have done it by now. What else there is to do apart from supporting the guys now...unlike most weeks when we lose the commentators were happy with our performance and were confident that we should not have lost. What is the point of such a thread anyway?
For your information, I have been away working since Dec 16th. If you go back though all of my posts you will see I also post when we win. Having been an active follower of TUFC for 36 years I am entitled to my opinion wether you agree or not. I am merely hoping enough people will acknowledge that Knill needs to be sacked ASAP or we will not survive, and relegation this time would be a disaster for our club.

Maybe if more people used their voice the club would listen. Or would you prefer we all sat back and clapped politely after yet another defeat? Perhaps we should all stay silent and pray for a miracle. What would you recommend Oh wise one?
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by MH91 »

The time you have supported TUFC does not make you anything more than me or any of the other forum users. Everybody who supports our team is entitled to an opinion therefore the 36 years are irrelevant. There has been a massive amount of threads and negative comments againg AK, up to a point where even the official commentators for gulls player said that change is needed. Therefore I still don't see the point of such a thread. You would probably have a better chance if you send a letter to the club...However I wonder were we close to relegation the last time you asked for managerial change? Or you were just not happy with our playing style? Or my memory does not serve me right?
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

I thought it totally out of order today to hear a section of our fans air our dirty washing in public ie chanting for Alan Knills sacking, at of all places Plymouth Argyle. Not only did their lot join in it didn't in my opinion put us in a good light, you just don't do it in these circumstances! Call me old fashioned but let's support our team when away from home. That apart I thought as usual our away support was excellent in numbers and vocally given our dire position and the atrocious weather. Whatever lies ahead come on you gulls we can get out of this mess! Yellow army!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

harbertongull wrote:I thought it totally out of order today to hear a section of our fans air our dirty washing in public ie chanting for Alan Knills sacking, at of all places Plymouth Argyle. Not only did their lot join in it didn't in my opinion put us in a good light, you just don't do it in these circumstances! Call me old fashioned but let's support our team when away from home. That apart I thought as usual our away support was excellent in numbers and vocally given our dire position and the atrocious weather. Whatever lies ahead come on you gulls we can get out of this mess! Yellow army!
That's all well and good and I see the need to support the team as I am there in the Popside with the drum at mostly every single home game. Today, I did not go and I am losing the will to even go to home games. I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and the style of football that we are watching every game is absolute tripe and people do not want to waste their money on watching it. I am as loyal as the next fan and anyone that knows me knows that I am Torquay United mad, but going to follow my team at the moment is a waste of time. Every game I am peed off, sometimes even before the game because I know what is coming up! I shout, swear and become so angry when I am watching football, when this is something that I am suppose to enjoy! I can spend my time doing something that will benefit me more and something that I will enjoy more than being cheesed off on a match day.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Fair point MH91, I guess we are all feeling emotional towards our club. I do believe 36 years following a club entitles you to an opinion. I have seen many managers come and go over the years. I found Martin Lings team so boring to watch, and commented as such. I find Mr Knills team even worse, and as a manager he is totally inept tactically. When he eventually leaves it will be the supporters who are left to suffer the consequences. I dont expect a Man City type revival, but I do believe Conference football would be a lot harder to recover from this time around, and we could end up like Stockport.
I am as proud as anyone to be a Torquay fan, and still as passionate about OUR club as I was back in the days of Steve Cooper and the Mini Stand.
Long after Knill has gone, and Manse, Hawley etc etc are retired, I hope we are both still supporting TUFC in the Football League.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by MH91 »

Yes Forest, I don't even want to think of the consequences of relegation and the idea of our club following the footsteps of Stockport, Darlo etc. Just like most people here I also don't see a comeback if we get relegated. There is a good chance that it would mean a total collapse of both first team and youth team (we are struggling financially now with the FL funding, let alone what would it be without it in a division where just 1 team gets automatic promotion). I understand your frustration and everybody's frustration, 2013 has been a dark year in Torquay's history.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

football league, it's been a pleasure!
The gulls are going up