Boardroom, Who does what?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

http://www.torquayunited.com/club/Directors.aspx

After every game we rate the team and give them marks out of 10 for performance. Who out of this sorry bunch of incompetents would rate more than a 2.......you get credit for breathing. Some serious questions need to be asked by the piper that pays the tune what they bring to the table. Get rid of the deadwood from the team and the Boardroom.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The fans as usual will help plug the deficit. Pretty much verbatim what Alex Rowe said on a BBC interview.

How about apologising for the sorry season, acknowledging that mistakes have been made - they don't have to name names or accept personal responsibility - but just to say sorry, it's not been good enough, more could have been done, appreciate the predicament that fans are in financially as well as personally. For a lot of fans the club is part of their life, so much energy and commitment given and put in over the years not to mention the money invested.

Take some **** responsibility for the mess, take control and tell us what the way forward is from here on. Tell us what you are going to do to get fans trust back - a free programme is just a sick joke.

Crowing about what a great stadium we have, what an excellent core group of players we've got , what a young dynamic management team we've got and how our youth set up is producing youngsters is all bullshit Mr Rowe. Perhaps I can agree with the first example but other than that it beggars belief that you can say this as though we just need turn up next season and we can all have cups of tea on the lawn and quaff fairy cakes. Next season is going to be an absolute **** slog and it seems that everyone but the board can see this coming. They are out of touch, out of control and are always out of sight and out of mind to the Torquay fans because we never see them. They'd rather shove Thea in front of a camera than be leaders. They are either cowards or they see Thea as an ideal smokescreen to placate the fans enough so that the cash will a keep on comin'.

We're in the shit now and I can't see how this freefall is going to stop because we have the genuine in Mrs Bristow and the genuinely clueless in the rest of the suits who are supposed to be educated intelligent businessmen. Show me the funny! :rofl:

Go ahead, get your season ticket. :bow:

Loyal supporters. o:)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure you'll get many responses to this DTG apart from the usual calling my post unfounded rubbish. It's my opinion on the board and the interview Mr Rowe gave the other day but not sure many others wish to divulge their affiliations on here. It seems the board are like political parties - many people seem reluctant to talk about them and give an opinion.

I don't know anything about the finances or what these people do behind the scenes, all I've got to go on is what I see and hear from them and if there is anything at all which is a shock in itself then it is usually complete bollocks. A bit like myself I hear you say.

They don't seem to communicate and they certainly don't seem to value their customers one bit.

Anyone else?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

It is almost a truism that,when an organisation fails, (and we have failed big time), it is down to its leadership . For this reason the board has failed and so has the management. Will the board come out and apologise? - no chance. Will I be at Plainmoor next season? Not sure, depends on what REALLY changes over the summer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can I just say that other than Thea I can probably eliminate Andrew Candy from my ire too.

I believe he is the chief exec? I'm not sure what that entails but what I do know that he was at least prepared to register on here and interact with fans and try and give out as much info,when asked, as he could. He was always available to contact,to help and you always got a reply so I really appreciate that.

The rest can go out tonight and enjoy their relaxed evening meals digressing about their forthcoming holidays in the sun whilst the most dedicated of fans have to work out if they can afford a caravan in Exmouth once their season ticket has been paid of course.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The truth is that some of the Board had their hands tied by Baker & Phillips for quite a time so I wouldn't lay too much blame on them. I've got my own opinion of those two and the naievety they've shown is truly disappointing.

If Colin Lee had done his job properly in the first instance then the other two might never have been able to lead us into such a mess. It's been heading for this conclusion from way back then
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

:goodpost:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote: I've got my own opinion of those two and the naievety they've shown is truly disappointing.

If Colin Lee had done his job properly in the first instance then the other two might never have been able to lead us into such a mess. It's been heading for this conclusion from way back then
Do they not have their own minds?

We really DON'T have any leaders then do we?

Simplistic views I appreciate but worth asking the questions.

Thanks for the info Dave. :-D
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

The rest can go out tonight and enjoy their relaxed evening meals digressing about their forthcoming holidays in the sun whilst the most dedicated of fans have to work out if they can afford a caravan in Exmouth once their season ticket has been paid of course.
That is a very 'them and us' attitude.
It would suggest that to be the 'most dedicated of fan fans' requires a low income, and low aspirations when it comes to holidays; whereas the board of directors take holidays abroad that no other supporter of the club is able.

Most odd...

(And as a ps; I live in Exmouth less than a mile from the biggest caravan/holiday park in the area and I haven't, as yet, been in my local and come across one Torquay United supporter who holidays there. Oh hang on, I tell a lie; there is one. But he puts in over £5,000 a year into the club so obviously doesn't count.)
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

by budleigh » 4 minutes ago

That is a very 'them and us' attitude.
It would suggest that to be the 'most dedicated of fan fans' requires a low income, and low aspirations when it comes to holidays; whereas the board of directors take holidays abroad that no other supporter of the club is able.

Most odd...

(And as a ps; I live in Exmouth less than a mile from the biggest caravan/holiday park in the area and I haven't, as yet, been in my local and come across one Torquay United supporter who holidays there. Oh hang on, I tell a lie; there is one. But he puts in over £5,000 a year into the club so obviously doesn't count.)

Not sure I have copied this correctly - but really, a silly last post.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Forgive me, I seem to have inadvertently stumbled across Mensa.org.uk here.

Both of you very kindly critiqued my 'irrational' post but not had any ideas of your own about the thread or the situation. Very constructive.

You don't know if I'm wrong and I don't know if you're right so how is it 'most odd' and 'silly'?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Budleigh, you always seem to reply to any post criticising the board. What's the agenda?

I don't have one, I'm just a numpty fan with a limited IQ wanting the board to be less 'clinical' when it comes to personal relationships with the fans. If there IS an 'them and us' mentality developing then perhaps they should be looking at why?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok so this bloke from Exmouth who puts in £5k a year and who lives near Haven Devon Cliffs I presume? Been there once myself actually - it's a bit too overpowering for me. Too big and busy although perhaps my abiding memory of my holiday there was the fact that I did indeed manage to win a small red fluffy crab from one of those grabber machines in the amusement area.

So this bloke who puts in £5k a year. Is this a donation out of the goodness of his heart? Does he sponsor something? Someone? Has he some sort of investment? I'd like to know if possible so I can make up my own mind whether or not to ask him if I can rent his caravan on the cheap.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Right ok. The opening post asks Who does what?

So would those clearly in the know and dismissing those of us that aren't answer the question then?

Who is each member of the board?

What does each one do and do they have an investment in the club?

Ok so that's an extra question chucked in but if you can't / won't answer then don't criticise those of us who want to know.

I await your response, but for a very long time.
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

So this bloke who puts in £5k a year. Is this a donation out of the goodness of his heart? Does he sponsor something?
I wouldn't dream of giving his name away as he prefers a certain amount of anonymity; each season he puts money into the club in a variety of ways, match sponsorship etc etc. He doesn't live in Exmouth, but has a holiday home here at Sandy Bay caravan park on the outskirts of the town.