Clubs already sniffing around our young talent.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Clubs already sniffing around our young talent.

Post by Markh84 »

According to CH we have received inquires for at least one of our young stars! Come January we could have a number of offers for our young talent.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Har ... story.html
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

What sort of contract lengths do we have the likes of Youngy, Cameron, Bowman and Richards under?
To the dotted line, We're on our way
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Nick's got all the contract info listed in the Squad thread (currently one above this one !)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

It would be nice to keep the squad together for at least a season...
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

No problem with that really, that as they say is football, glad we have a reputation for nurturing Young talent and hopefully build a reputation for TQY whereby youngsters will want to come here as well as bringing on our own.

Incidentally, what happened to the academy the batesons were involved with in that football Mecca of Newton Abbott, to produce talent for City and Argyle? Sounded like a good earner to me lol.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No surprise this, when you get any team in the conference doing well with young players bigger fish will come and have a look. This isn't a problem as long, as we see two things happen, the club going into to bat for the right level of transfer fee, and not letting our crown jewels go for a piece of silver and a bag of footballs.

And two, any money that comes in is properly reinvested in the team, and that's the bit that would concern me, I could/can see the board forcing CH to promote from the youth if any of our top players go, and that would leave us struggling, all that said above, I wouldn't want to see our club stand in the way of any of the young players we have.

DP. That academy was based in the indoor 3g sports arena built in the old modec windows factory up on Milber trading estate Newton Abbot run by Dickie Hancox , they did supply a number of players to both City and Argyle, some what lost touch whether it's still running, however the sports hall is still open, there's 5 and 6 a sides leagues running up there, and a few SDL sides use it for training during the winter , even though it's quite small.

Interesting that his own son will, who I believe was at Argyle, appears now to be in our youth team, especially when Dickie has said on a number of occasions he owes TUFC nothing and appeared not to want to send any of his elite players to our youth set up.

Oh and just a add, I hear Dickie has applied for the vacant lodge manager's position, so maybe the sports hall isn't making enough money.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

all available £10k a pop, get em while they're hot!!
still keeping the faith
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Young is the only player I'd be worried to loose but he's under contract so if I was chairman it would take an exceptional fee to get him away from us. All this talk you must not hold players back is rubbish this club and the supporters come first. The players have contracts and use them for their own end sometimes. :keepie:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'd be equally worried about losing Duane O'Archie , our attack was a tad powder puff until was forced into the starting line up, he causes havoc in opposition defences, and does so much on and off the ball to create time and space for others, we already knew about Young, so Duane is the find of the season for me.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:I'd be equally worried about losing Duane O'Archie , our attack was a tad powder puff until was forced into the starting line up, he causes havoc in opposition defences, and does so much on and off the ball to create time and space for others, we already knew about Young, so Duane is the find of the season for me.
Yes you could be right you've watched them more than me but what I'm saying is the club must be firm and keep players to their contracts unless it's to our advantage. :keepie:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wouldn't disagree with your view point there Arcadia, however I like to see young player's develop properly , have the mentality to want to make at the highest level possible, and when the time is right I wouldn't want to see our club ever stand in the way of a young player given the opportunity to make it at a higher level, as long as the money's right.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Wouldn't disagree with your view point there Arcadia, however I like to see young player's develop properly , have the mentality to want to make at the highest level possible, and when the time is right I wouldn't want to see our club ever stand in the way of a young player given the opportunity to make it at a higher level, as long as the money's right.
I think we nearly agree but if a player is good enough a club would come back at the end of the season. If we gained promotion by keeping the player both parties would gain. :keepie:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Gullscorer wrote:Wouldn't want to lose Chris Hargreaves.. :-/
This is what I was thinking he would have been in line for Exeter, Yeovil or Plymouth should things go wrong at these clubs. He would be a massive loss. :keepie:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

arcadia wrote: This is what I was thinking he would have been in line for Exeter, Yeovil or Plymouth should things go wrong at these clubs. He would be a massive loss. :keepie:
An amazing turnaround really.

Some people wanted him sacked last season!!

(If you don't believe me, check out the Exeter thread from last season as one example.)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com