A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Post by portugull »

After another hammering this time from Chester I think we all need to reflect on what the current Board took on in the summer.

David Phillips and his fellow Directors put up their own money to save the Club from going under without fully understanding what they were getting into. Things were far, far worse than they could ever have imagined.

The fact that 4 Directors resigned within a few short weeks tells the story. Shock and horror at just what a shambles the Club was in.

It is clear the Directors do not have additional funds to get an experienced Manager and in my opinion they are resigned to our fate which is certain relegation.

It is all so easy for fans to criticise but just imagine how the Board must be feeling.

I have a lot of sympathy for the Board in their predicament but surely there is a way out.

Mr Chairman put the Club up "For Sale" admit you are out of money, out of your depth, and hope against hope that there is someone decent and honorable out there who will buy the Club ,inject money, appoint a good Manager, and give us all some hope for the future.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

portugull wrote:After another hammering this time from Chester I think we all need to reflect on what the current Board took on in the summer.

David Phillips and his fellow Directors put up their own money to save the Club from going under without fully understanding what they were getting into. Things were far, far worse than they could ever have imagined.

The fact that 4 Directors resigned within a few short weeks tells the story. Shock and horror at just what a shambles the Club was in.

It is clear the Directors do not have additional funds to get an experienced Manager and in my opinion they are resigned to our fate which is certain relegation.

It is all so easy for fans to criticise but just imagine how the Board must be feeling.

I have a lot of sympathy for the Board in their predicament but surely there is a way out.

Mr Chairman put the Club up "For Sale" admit you are out of money, out of your depth, and hope against hope that there is someone decent and honorable out there who will buy the Club ,inject money, appoint a good Manager, and give us all some hope for the future.
Isn't this exactly the problem????
They put their money into a situation without doing due diligence.

This bunch of clowns got rid of Hargreaves (good move) then replaced him with another ex-player who was even less qualified than the previous failure.

I have absolutely no sympathy with the board.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

The link follows to this message:

Hi,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE
This is the first time that Torquay United Fans Ltd has posted on Torquay United Fans Forum. The following information you are about to read is true, to the best of our knowledge:
1. Torquay United Fans Ltd was set up in order to put the fans first as we believe that the fans are Torquay United.
2. In my opinion, I believe that Steve Breed and Mr Mercer are deliberately misleading the fans with their allegations that I organised Dean Edwards £30,000 pay-off. This is a total lie and is slanderous. I personally did everything I could to prevent this payout but to no avail. The money would have been better spent on the club.
3. I spoke to Dave Phillips and Steve Breed again, after they paid Dean Edwards more money, on the topic of helping them to save the club. They felt that they were not in a position to help without me meeting the board. This took place two weeks later.
4. The offer made to the board on behalf of the company fell apart due to the fact that they wanted to sell the club for 1 million pounds. Clearly, they are attempting to make a profit, and in my opinion, they did not and do not have clubs best interests at heart. The club was so disorganised that the board failed to realise that only Dave Phillips and Dean Edwards were registered as directors and both owned 40% each. Mrs Bristow owned the remaining 20%.
5. I helped the board and Dave Phillips by providing them with all of the information to sort the problem out, the board failed to register the accounts on time and the government served a D1 notice followed by a D2 notice. This can be confirmed by checking Companies House records, whereby you will see the appointments of the directors now in place and back-dated.
6. A further meeting was held between Torquay United and Torquay Fans Ltd where Torquay United's board of directors bought the sale price down from £1,000,000 to £220,000. At this point Torquay United Fans Ltd offered them the same amount that they paid Mrs Bristow which was £1.
7. Despite many promises to send us the due diligence paperwork, nothing was received and following the announcement of the ground share between Torquay United and Truro, we have discovered that not only are they renting the ground for approximately £60,000 Jason Masters has paid (via a cheque from his fathers company) £36,000 to receive 20% of the shares in Plainmoor (and therefore Torquay United). Steve Breed has confirmed this alongside confirming that Jason Masters will be a director on Torquay United's board. We find these actions unacceptable and have withdrawn our offer as we cannot condone Torquay United's board members agreeing with either the ground share or sale of 20% to Jason Master who is related to Peter Master, Owner of Truro FC. All I can suggest is that Torquay fans should check companies house for both Jason and Peter Masters to see why. I should also point out that, I believe, Steve Breed and the directors have a hidden agenda which may say that Torquay United has come to the end of the road. This is based on the fact that, in my opinion. they are motivated by profit and believe that the grounds can be bought from the council and now is the perfect time for them and that is why I believe that they have started this process during the Christmas period.

Torquay United Fans Ltd is committed to raising the money to buy the grounds for the fans and turning it into a full charitable trust where it will be protected for future generations. As we know, players, shareholders and directors come and go but the fans are there forever. We say, let the Yellow Army march on and achieve all that it can for generations to come. On a final note, we would like to wish all the fans a Merry Christmas and Happiness for all times.

Yours sincerely
Torquay United Fans Ltd
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

This is extremely interesting.I do not read the other forum and had no knowledge of these matters.

However it does not surprise me at all that the Board did not understand their responsibilities as Directors which is why I made the comment about being "out of their depth"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Wow! Somebody please explain all this in simple terms so we can understand.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Breed and Philips are in it for the money.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Having supported TUFC since 1989 when we moved to this lovely town, I have decided enough is enouhg and will no longer check the score, or show any interest in this mockery of a 'team'.

R.I.P Torquay United as I knew and loved it! Goodbye
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I am shocked that my post has now revealed information which is absolute dynamite.

Mr. Chairman you need to make a statement at the earliest possible time. This does not look good.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems like TUFC is a busted flush. Could this mean the end of football at TQ1?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

The fact all of this has happened and the fans had no clue at all just shows how transparent and inept this board is to run our football club. The club needs to answer to those allegations ASAP.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Sadly it would actually feel like a reprieve if they closed the doors.

This is more depressing than the 4-1 defeat two hours ago.

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

A club statement is a must after that.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Apologies if this is a silly question,
Is it known who is part of Torquay Fans Ltd?
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Think this is what you call a Hand Grenade !
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

No sympathy atall. Someone on the board needs to answer these allegations and say EXACTLY what is going on and what they intend to do about the current situation we find ourselves in. This is the worst I have seen the club at, in my 40+ years of supporting MY team, despite all the micky taking and slagging off i have endured, including the days where we had to apply to not get relegated from the old Div 4 on more than 1 occasion. Yes the board saved us from extinction, but now I am wondering if it was "for the love of the club", or for the ego trip of being avle to say what they do. What ever happens now, sonething has to happen.