BSP Final

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

tommygull wrote:As I'll probably be loving in London next year
Slip of the tongue there Tommy? :lol:

Yeah, Brabin....real psycho....
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Fletch wrote: Slip of the tongue there Tommy? :lol:

Yeah, Brabin....real psycho....

Oh yea! Oops. Makes it sound like i'm moving to SoHo :lol:

I doubt I will be loving having to live in London next year! :@
:( Tommy :)
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Fletch »

tommygull wrote: Oh yea! Oops. Makes it sound like i'm moving to SoHo :lol:
I doubt I will be loving having to live in London next year! :@
Its not that bad matey. I spent nearly 10 years living in HA4, just down the road from regiment :whistle:
The Tube (despite its occasional faults!) is a miracle of public transportation. You're never far from one and the whole of london is your oyster :-D
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Fletch wrote: Its not that bad matey. I spent nearly 10 years living in HA4, just down the road from regiment :whistle:
The Tube (despite its occasional faults!) is a miracle of public transportation. You're never far from one and the whole of london is your oyster :-D
yeah, div1 or div2 next year will have a good few games up this way, or at least far closer than home games.

div 1 : charlton, orient, brentford, possibly stevenage, bournemouth or mk dons, wycombe, colchester......
div 2 : oxford, barnet, dagenham, swindon, northampton, possibly stevenage, luton/afc dons, gillingham, southend, crawley......

london is certainly not a bad base for away games, home games can be a b*tch tho.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Ernie McGregor
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Ernie McGregor »

I would also have to vote for AFC as their ground is round the corner from where i live, having said that the gulls are going up so it would prove somewhat irrelevant.

Mind you, might be nice to see them beat Plymouth
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

DavetheRave wrote: have you ever been to luton town? what an absolute craphole that place is!
No i,ve never been but i had heard that from a wednesday fan who had been. Despite that i just cannot go to london. Many odd people live there!!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

andygull wrote: No i,ve never been but i had heard that from a wednesday fan who had been. Despite that i just cannot go to london. Many odd people live there!!
Oi !!! :red:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

May I suggest financially we'd be better off being in League 2 next season?

MASSIVELY southern league especially compared to League 1 and trips to Carlisle, Hartlepool, Oldham, Tranmere, Preston etc.
hattersfan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Lee Mansell ex Luton

Post by hattersfan »

I'm a Luton Town fan living in the South-West, who often stands in the Pop Side. It's great to see Lee Mansell playing, as he was only ever a 60 minute substitute midfielder - perhaps the sea air has made him improve. Admittedly Kenilworth Road, and Luton, are not the cleanest of places - but we get 6,000 fans each week and over 9,000 on Tuesday night against Wrexham. Luton will sell their allocation for Eastlands, as two seasons Wembley was not big enough for the JPT final.

Crux of the matter: Torquay vs Luton next year - beer in boots and laces and then to the away stand. Danny Stevens (ex-Luton) to give away a penalty and the Town to win 1-0. Torquay is a beautiful club, however infrastructure and fan base is not there for much more - which is not a negative. Good club, good manager, well run - wish I could say the same for our club - 40 point deduction over two years. So stop complaining about the 1 :p

Shrewsbury Saturday - might head down - not all ticket?

Look out for the Luton Scarf
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

fair play hattersfan, I've been to Luton's ground at least 4 or 5 times, both in home and away ends, and I love it. I love the old, quirky grounds that have no right to be situated where they are. The entrance to the away end at Luton is through someone's back garden! It is a densely populated area, tons of houses......football ground, brilliant.

Full credit to Luton Town and their fans, ruined by the prats at the football league and be it thiss eason or in the near future they will return to the league. Good luck for the final, I really don't mind who wins. Both southern teams, both easy to get to, both been shat on from a great height by the football authorities. Ideally both of them would go up and Crawley can f*** off, but when is football ever fair eh?!!!
Ernie McGregor
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Ernie McGregor »

royalgull wrote:May I suggest financially we'd be better off being in League 2 next season?

MASSIVELY southern league especially compared to League 1 and trips to Carlisle, Hartlepool, Oldham, Tranmere, Preston etc.
Cant really say i agree with this when we will be playing the likes of sheff utd, wed, charlton
And the massive fan base these clubs have not to mention increased prize money for league finishes and tv.

Would probably increase home attendance too
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Oxford, Northampton, (maybe Shrewsbury), Southend, Gillingham Port Vale, Luton or Wombles, Crawley as well. Will all bring close to full allocations.

London trips with Barnet and Dagenham, then you've got Gillingham maybe Stevenage, Cheltenham. Far more 'local' matches in League 2. With only Morecambe, Rotherham, Macclesfield, maybe Accy, Bradford (who have good support) being of massive distance.

That's a fair amount of decent away followings. Not just that but think of the travel/accomodation costs for the club.

League 1 we'd have Exeter, Yeovil, maybe Bournemouth, Sheffield clubs, now we're struggling. Charlton don't travel well in terms of numbers, you've got 3 northern sides coming down from the championship, on top of chesterfield, bury coming up. Think of the costs of Carlisle, Hartlepool, Tranmere, sheffield clubs, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Preston, Bury, Huddersfield etc

i really don't think we'll gain anything financially from going up. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to go up though, have to go for it but I don't think the financial rewards will be there. More the achievement of being promoted.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Fletch »

Boy youre going to get some slagging off now Royal (just as I did in another thread when I suggested we would be financially better off in L2 next season) :)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

i want us to go up mate, who doesn't??!!! But I seriously doubt financially it will make us any better off being in LEague 1. Our crowds will edge up for Oldham home instead of MAcclesfield home but not significantly.

We will have a lot more 3,4000+ gates in League 2 in my opinion and MASSIVELY less travel costs.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Fletch »

royalgull wrote:i want us to go up mate, who doesn't??!!! But I seriously doubt financially it will make us any better off being in LEague 1. Our crowds will edge up for Oldham home instead of MAcclesfield home but not significantly.

We will have a lot more 3,4000+ gates in League 2 in my opinion and MASSIVELY less travel costs.
My thoughts precisely, in particular with the cut in capacity that will not allow us to take full advantage of the visiting Sheffields etc :|