Who's in control?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Happy Torque Torque Happy Torq, talk about force and twist and turn, you've got to have a team if you don't have a team, how'r the owners gonna learn.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

greb46 wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 18:39 For an illiterate like myself,never knew I could learn so much on a football forum!
We're not illiterate, we're just still learning the words. :nod:
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

The fact is that these guys/girls of whoever is controlling this club have no idea on statistics.
Statistics play an important roll... Nah, they're everything when deciding to do what your going to do and when.
That's a fact.
The fans see the statistics every game in a game by game view and so too the management, they're never allowed to let their hair down and actually study what's going on..
There is much more to analyse than just a game or several of several.
It's like you are in a different time zone sometimes when studying? All the time.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I want the name of his dealer - looks like good gear!
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Stickingitin. Yoy sound like one of the posh scaffolders, from the Paul Whitehouse Harry Enfield series.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

On another note and an observation.
No disrespect to Ross Marshall who had a great game last night.
Why during an interview would a pro player be wearing glasses?
If you're long sighted you need them for reading and if there was a Q card then that would say those glasses were strong.
If you're short sighted you would need them to see far away things.
It begs a question, why no contact lenses when being interviewed?
Now the competition knows a nudge in the eyes and our defender is in trouble.
You do not advertise weaknesses.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

As a reasonably good club cricketer, I wear contacts to play in, but have been advised by the optician to not shower in them, do I don’t. The contacts are out ASAP and my glasses go on. So post match, he’ll be removing them.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

I’m not a fan of Ross Marshall - based on past performances.

I enjoyed the interview on the TUFC website - it was honest and his eye treatment over the summer has clearly been a significant issue.

I guess he wore contact lenses during the match.

He had a good game last night, with the benefit of his eye treatment I hope he has many more.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Bloke wears glasses, so what?! It’s not a weakness, loads of players need them + loads of players wear contact lenses - they don’t just fall out.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 16:45 Bloke wears glasses, so what?! It’s not a weakness, loads of players need them + loads of players wear contact lenses - they don’t just fall out.
It IS a weakness otherwise we wouldn't have to wear glasses or contact lenses. This is logical.
I wear glasses and it is definately a weakness.
What I stated is that you do not "advertise" on mainstream, especially someone who has just come back from an eye operation the fact that he will (naturally) want to protect that eye.
Also, now the fans know that RM has this weakness, that could influence the way the fans act towards him.
Protect your players (and staff).
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Kyle Cameron wears contact lenses. He admitted that his game improved a lot with them whilst he was at Torquay iirc. I don't see it as a weakness that other teams might try to target and didn't seem to target Cameron in that way. I think I do recall him losing one once on a televised game(?). But don't quote me on that ....

About 20% of young adults have myopia, and assuming that's the same with footballers, there'll be 4 players on the park wearing contacts (or should be).
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

jono_Gull209 wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 16:45 Bloke wears glasses, so what?! It’s not a weakness, loads of players need them + loads of players wear contact lenses - they don’t just fall out.
Exactly.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Stickingitin wrote: 17 Aug 2023, 15:38 It IS a weakness otherwise we wouldn't have to wear glasses or contact lenses. This is logical.
I wear glasses and it is definately a weakness.
What I stated is that you do not "advertise" on mainstream, especially someone who has just come back from an eye operation the fact that he will (naturally) want to protect that eye.
Also, now the fans know that RM has this weakness, that could influence the way the fans act towards him.
Protect your players (and staff).
Please look up how many people wear contact lenses - no one is going to target a player that wears them 😂
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Pretty sure we were being trolled Jono