Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Dutchgull wrote:Of course not you have a handled everything regarding the managers appointment and player recruitment in a perfect way at all times...
They are thinking about 25 steps ahead of our board
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Dutchgull wrote:Of course not you have a handled everything regarding the managers appointment and player recruitment in a perfect way at all times...
Nothing illegal about it though whatsoever.

Thats football unfortunately.

The fact that your official site still lists Paul Buckle and Shaun North as your manager and first team coach, say's it all really.

I dont want to sound harsh, but it seems that Mr Baker hasn't the foggiest what's going on.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You have just took the words right out of my mouth usagull,thing is Dutch,BRFC have not broken any rules,i have to ask the question just how naive has our board/club been over this whole affair.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Doesn't take much to get back ahead, get everyone we know we want signed onto two year deals, tomorrow. Bin Stevens and Macklin and voila, a team again.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thats far to hard for our board to comprehend, Matt. They don't even know what a contract is, by the looks of things.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Football is a cutthroat business full of cuthroat people (apart from at TUFC perhaps) and this sort of thing goes on all the time. Nothing illegal in it and I doubt very much it will be the last we hear of from BRFC over the next 12 months - at the moment the focus is on our out of contract players, so that only realistically leaves Branston to go for .... but there is no doubt in my mind that the likes of Zebs, Robbo and O'Kane will be "tapped" (legally of course ;-) ) in due course!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

On Branston maybe he is on the retained list they just dont see the need to mention it publically because no ones confirmed the signing of him like Rovers have done with Bevan.

Lets face it if the story on Rovers site confirming his signing wasnt there then we wouldnt know that a retained list even exisisted!
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

BritishGAS wrote:Nothing illegal about it though whatsoever.
The fact that your official site still lists Paul Buckle and Shaun North as your manager and first team coach, say's it all really.
I dont want to sound harsh, but it seems that Mr Baker hasn't the foggiest what's going on.
Of course Baker doesn't know what's going on, I would be thinking the same if Bevan ran off to the Buckle's boy scouts brigade without even respectfully declining Baker's offer by as little as a phone call or even a text.

Once again you're laying down the quotes... "I don't want to sound harsh" ...yeah of course. Soon as we suffer some misfortune we can always count on Mr Patronising to appear.
Last edited by Boom Boom on 06 Jun 2011, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Bevan gone very soon after Buckle goes to Bristol; Branston not locked into a new contract back in January. Certainly makes one wonder just what Buckle was focusing on: developing a squad for the benefit of tufc, or developing an exit plan? I guess we'll never know for sure.
TUST member 203
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Would have to agree here. Bristol Rovers haven't done anything illegal or underhand - they are perfectly allowed to talk to Bevan, as he's out of contract here, and they seem to have gone through the correct channels to get Buckle (albeit at an inconvenient time for us with our playoff campaign). It's incredibly annoying what's happening, but this is the rough side of football. What worries me is the way in which we, as USA Gull excellently put it, appear to be so slow, so far behind, and so naive. The board have somehow been suprised with all the comings and goings over the past week or so, despite most of us seeing it coming a mile off. I read in another post the opinion that this club needs a real football man on the board. I couldn't agree more. With another week until a new managerial appointment, there is a very real possibility that we'll lose both Branston and Bevan, and miss out on goodness knows how many other potential targets. A new manager needs to be appointed as soon as possible to get some direction back.
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

Boom Boom wrote:[ quote="BritishGAS"]Nothing illegal about it though whatsoever.
Of course Baker doesn't know what's going on, I would be thinking the same if Bevan ran off to the Buckle's boy scouts brigade without even respectfully declining Baker's offer by as little as a phone call or even a text.

Once again you're laying down the quotes... "I don't want to sound harsh" ...yeah of course. Soon as we suffer some misfortune we can always count on Mr Patronising to appear.[/quote]

Do you really trust Bakers words? The same man that lied to all you fans before the playoff final saying he hoped Buckle would stay knowing full well the deal was agreed before the home Shrewsbury game (he was at the meating after all). The contract was also sent to the LMA.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Boom Boom »

So because he's lied once everything he says from now on is a lie? I get your point but I don't get all the hassle of releasing a statement saying we offered him a contract if it's bollocks...? Seems strange to me to suggest he's lying.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Boom Boom wrote: Of course Baker doesn't know what's going on, I would be thinking the same if Bevan ran off to the Buckle's boy scouts brigade without even respectfully declining Baker's offer by as little as a phone call or even a text.

Once again you're laying down the quotes... "I don't want to sound harsh" ...yeah of course. Soon as we suffer some misfortune we can always count on Mr Patronising to appear.
Like I said Boom Boom, Bevan not telling his current employer that he has been in talks with us, is not very good, But I expect you purpously didn't read that bit.

Again you take it the wrong way, what is it with you? Next time I will come on here and say "What a joke club you are" What a sh*t chairman you have" etc, I am damned if I do, damned if I dont.

I was just responding to a post that said that Torquay should sue us!!!!!...All I stated was that nothing underhand or illegal had taken place.

Christ, you are hard work, Pedantic people really are a nuisance.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Boom Boom »

Cool down Mr Gas, you really are too easy to wind up. You should be happy that you've nicked 2 of Torquay's employees...guarenteed a lot more will be on the way. (Cue your unwanted arrival)
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

gashead josh wrote:Do you really trust Bakers words? The same man that lied to all you fans before the playoff final saying he hoped Buckle would stay knowing full well the deal was agreed before the home Shrewsbury game (he was at the meating after all). The contract was also sent to the LMA.
To be fair, anyone in Mr Baker's position is going to stretch the truth a bit. He was not going to rock the boat and say Buckle was signed up and leaving straight after the play-offs. He was always going to deflect attention away from the rumours so that the focus was on the team and winning promotion.